+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Despite risk of injury, fumbling, Vick won't slide

The One justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Despite risk of injury, fumbling, Vick won't slide

The Mike Vick play-well-and-act-right-and-get-paid campaign is showing another crack. Though not as serious as hosting a birthday bash that ends with gunplay, itís definitely a sign of the old Vick still lurking under the facade.

Despite the risk of injury and especially fumbling, Vick refuses to play smart and slide when necessary. And heís perfectly OK with that.

After Sundayís game with the Colts, Vick displayed the same casual arrogance that defined his prior football career, the one that was derailed after he was busted for running a gambling and dog-fighting operation, one where he admitted to the heinous, unnecessary torture and killing of defenseless animals.

ďI play this game the way I play it and Iím not going to change. Ö Iím not going to play this game scared or hesitant or conservative,Ē he said.

Vick was admittedly the last to arrive and the first to leave the Falcons facility despite being the hundred million dollar starting quarterback. Is that type of mentality now peeking through the shutters of the current Dudley Do-Right routine?

Questioned by reporters Thursday regarding the subject, Vickís defiance continued.
    ďI donít know how to do it,Ē Vick said. ďI donít know how to slide, so I wonít get into that right now. I either get down, I go head first or dive or just fall. For some reason, I always think Iím going to get hurt or something crazyís going to happen.Ē

That last line is key. It sounds like the issue is not that he doesnít know how to slide so much that he thinks itís a bad idea, despite what every coach, both before in Atlanta and now in Philadelphia, has been telling him.

While his insistence on playing the tough guy role is usually something that is celebrated, it shouldnít be if the possible end result is detrimental to the team.

And if Vick really doesnít know how to slide, itís not because heís unable, itís because he refuses to learn.

ďIt wonít happen,Ē Vick said. ďI did it before down in Atlanta. It didnít work.Ē

The hyper-athletic quarterback has the ability to slide or at least the ability to learn how to, yet refuses to do so, despite the risks, both to the teamís fortune as well as his own.

Some things never change.

Or is it just that you canít teach an old dog new tricks?

PSC Article here...

iforoneetcetcetcetcetc Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony has a reputation beyond repute Tony's Avatar
    That NFC Offensive Player of the Week award really burned didn't it?

This is reaching almost as much as "Shanahan is racist for calling McNabb fat and slow"
    It's Always Frabjous in Philadelphia

The One justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No argument that he's played incredibly well. But he's still the same guy that tortured those dogs. Some choose to forget because he runs fast and has a cannon. Some just see him for what he is, and pointing out small cracks in the bogus good guy routine to the blind morons that lick his herpes infected sack isn't reaching.

Justin posts 100% of the negative Vick articles.
    lol ruben amaro jr

Blog Entries
    I write some too. Like that one. Give me a little credit here, homie.

Terrible pun mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    thank God for Vick. i would hate to be a game ahead of the cowboys and 2 behind the mcnabbs right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    MT you don't post as much anymore but when you do it's clear you are the absolute worst
    Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    it's posts like that that really make me hate MT
    Quote Originally Posted by mpt View Post
    Classic MT

Blog Entries
    Like this team couldn't win with Kolb. C'mon son. I know you're obsessed with Vick, but give Kolb his due as well.

Justin's vickgenda is pathetic, I hope after he wins us a superbowl he drives down to delaware and shits on your doorstep lol

Blog Entries
    I would sue him for trying to spread his disease. Hopefully he'll settle out of court like he did with that chick he infected.

Terrible pun mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    kolb might be good eventually. he wasnt going .500 this year. and he was getting sacked 4x a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    MT you don't post as much anymore but when you do it's clear you are the absolute worst
    Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    it's posts like that that really make me hate MT
    Quote Originally Posted by mpt View Post
    Classic MT

Blog Entries
    Vick has been sacked more. And Kolb lit it up more than he struggled. They definitely would have been .500+ with him.

Blog Entries
    Vick sacked 14 times, or every 8.9 attemtps. Kolb sacked 10 times, or every 15.3 attempts. But OK.

+ Reply to Thread