10 34.48%
  • D

3 10.34%
  • E

5 17.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grade the Eagles draft since we're all experts

Terrible pun mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grade the Eagles draft since we're all experts

put in your own + and - if you want in your replies

also if you want to post what other experts have given the eagles
    Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    MT you don't post as much anymore but when you do it's clear you are the absolute worst
    Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    it's posts like that that really make me hate MT
    Quote Originally Posted by mpt View Post
    Classic MT

Terrible pun mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1 23 (23) Danny Watkins G 6-4 310 Baylor
    2 22 (54) Jaiquawn Jarrett SS 6-2 195 Temple
    3 26 (90) Curtis Marsh CB 6-1 193 Utah State from Ravens
    4 19 (116) Casey Matthews ILB 6-2 235 Oregon from Bucs
    4 23 (120) Alex Henery K 6-2 175 Nebraska
    5 18 (149) Dion Lewis RB 5-8 195 Pittsburgh from Chargers
    5 30 (161) Julian Vandervelde G 6-3 300 Iowa from Jets
    6 26 (191) Jason Kelce C 6-4 283 Cincinnati from Baltimore
    6 28 (193) Brian Rolle OLB 5-11 218 Ohio State from Patriots
    7 34 (237) Greg Lloyd ILB 6-2 234 Connecticut compensatory selection
    7 37 (240) Stanley Havili FB 6-1 230 USC compensatory selection
    MT you don't post as much anymore but when you do it's clear you are the absolute worst
    Classic MT

Blog Entries
    OL - 3
    LB - 3
    Secondary - 2
    RB/FB - 2
    K - 1
    QB - 0
    WR - 0
    TE - 0
    DL - 0
    Classic MT

Unless you know college football like nobody's business, you haven't heard of 2/3 of the players we drafted.

I like the first pick. I like the Lewis pick. I actually don't mind the kicker pick if he's the real deal. Is Akers a FA?

I like the Matthews pick. I'm hoping either one of the Day 2 picks turn out.

The rest of the guys I don't know or don't care about.

This draft, moreso than previous drafts, is impossible to judge accurately right now. Nobody really fell into our laps as has happened the last few years. We missed out on some good players because we weren't willing to sacrifice later picks to move up a few spots. After round one it seemed like we were reaching a little bit on picks, we could probably have traded back in rounds 2-3 and gotten a few extra picks. I am happy though with who we ended up with despite our missteps, though. watkins can start right away, and jarret can hopefully be at least better than coleman as a rookie (though i expect him to take a good part of the season to be ready), and Marsh seems like he could have potential, just not anytime soon.

What sucks about this draft is that there is a great chance that the incoming rookies willl miss out on a lot of the early parts of training camp, so most of these guys will have to struggle to succeed right away.

i think akers is a FA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREAM View Post
    Unless you know college football like nobody's business, you haven't heard of 2/3 of the players we drafted.

I like the first pick. I like the Lewis pick. I actually don't mind the kicker pick if he's the real deal. Is Akers a FA?

I like the Matthews pick. I'm hoping either one of the Day 2 picks turn out.

The rest of the guys I don't know or don't care about.
    yes akers is a FA and the eagles tried the transition tag
    Classic MT

keeping it unreal MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun's Avatar
    Seems like the eagles over slotted for a bunch of guys and didn't find anybody who will be able to contribute to defense right away, which is something they sorely needed. I think Watkins will work out, Jarrett is slow and undersized but plays aggressive, Marsh is a project. I do like Matthews and Lewis and think they will contribute and even though I think it's a stupid idea taking a kicker in the 4th round Henery sounds like he can be pretty good and if they are letting Akers go I'm glad they went out and got a replacement. He could be our kicker for the next 12 years.

While I know very little about these players i'd give this draft an educated guess of a C with the long term potential of a B. Just sucks they didn't grab more players who can contribute right away.
    "Seriously why do you even watch baseball? the game is determined off the field by a series of equations that you will never understand."

4 people disliked the draft
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

This draft, moreso than previous drafts, is impossible to judge accurately right now. Nobody really fell into our laps as has happened the last few years. We missed out on some good players because we weren't willing to sacrifice later picks to move up a few spots. After round one it seemed like we were reaching a little bit on picks, we could probably have traded back in rounds 2-3 and gotten a few extra picks. I am happy though with who we ended up with despite our missteps, though. watkins can start right away, and jarret can hopefully be at least better than coleman as a rookie (though i expect him to take a good part of the season to be ready), and Marsh seems like he could have potential, just not anytime soon.

What sucks about this draft is that there is a great chance that the incoming rookies willl miss out on a lot of the early parts of training camp, so most of these guys will have to struggle to succeed right away.
    I love last years draft kruknut, smart guy

Blog Entries
    4 people disliked the draft
    i really think you have a different definition of 'like' than the rest of us.
    Classic MT

Kendricks is gonna be loved in this city. Absolutely no doubt about it. He is going to be a beast, plain and simple.

+ Reply to Thread