+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Retard ronin kruktard and limpshot. Everything is fine!

I will say that if Utley doesn't come back and play well, and Brown doesn't, and Amaro doesn't make a trade for an OF then I don't think we can win a World Series with this offense. But I'm assuming between now and August, moves will be made. They invested too much money to give up on the roster and let it slip away. The only problem is people usually don't make major trades this early because you have to pay out the ass.
    Philly = mecca of sports.

I say correct things. Whether or not you want to face reality is up to you.

AmaroFan: Great poster or greatest poster?

PSC's official insider

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I will say that if Utley doesn't come back and play well, and Brown doesn't, and Amaro doesn't make a trade for an OF then I don't think we can win a World Series with this offense. But I'm assuming between now and August, moves will be made. They invested too much money to give up on the roster and let it slip away. The only problem is people usually don't make major trades this early because you have to pay out the ass.
    You're right.

Oh I think they'll win the division but when you spend that much you should. I don't think a division title would make the season a success.

They call me Black Cloud 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    Oh I think they'll win the division but when you spend that much you should. I don't think a division title would make the season a success.
    I agree 100%

Obviously winning the division isn't the goal but it's the first step. Getting there and being healthy and clicking at the right time is the goal but anything can happen in the postseason.

I don't think many people realize how close they were to winning it all last year (I think they were closer in 2010 than 2009). They outscored the Giants in the NLCS but a few defensive miscues shifted the series. I keep thinking that this year they'll have a healthy Utley, a more seasoned Brown and an EXTREMELY rested and healthy bullpen along with a postseason ace in Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by 01civicman View Post
    I agree 100%
    So you think they'll win the division w/o the offense getting any better?

I think everyone realizes it, buckshot. When do they raise the "we were close" banner?

They call me Black Cloud 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    So you think they'll win the division w/o the offense getting any better?
    I think the offense will get better.

I don't think Amaro is satisfied with just winning a division unlike some teams in this town.
    Philly = mecca of sports.

I say correct things. Whether or not you want to face reality is up to you.

AmaroFan: Great poster or greatest poster?

PSC's official insider

I think everyone realizes it, buckshot. When do they raise the "we were close" banner?
    I was just pointing out that in the postseason anything can happen. Games tend to be closer and little things can make a big difference.

And I don't think everybody does realize how close they were last year. People on here act like they choked and got dominated by the Giants pitching. They don't realize that the Phillies pitching was pretty ****ing good too. They had them on the ropes early in game six by chasing Sanchez. They just had a ****ing idiot like Ross run into a couple pitches.

Exactly, and this offense doesn't have to be great to win they just have to not suck.

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haha I'd hope so. Worse would just be getting shut out every night.

+ Reply to Thread