+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: This site is awful

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    lol it looks like mtcal is holding flip's hand

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dim is such a whiney **** sucker. Justin, good work.

The One justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilaPhanatic View Post
    Justin, next time I donate I will double up.
    Nice, I'm buying a Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Dim is such a whiney **** sucker. Justin, good work.
    Yep, and thanks.

______________________ RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe's Avatar
    The site could probably generate more traffic(and posters who sign up actually posting) if it were more streamlined. Not that BSG **** where everything is in one thread but make it easier to get to the 3 main parts of the website(phillies, eagles, offtopic). In other words, new people are probably overwhelmed with so many separate sections of the website when you could possibly condense it all to one section and keep the options simple.

It might also help with the server load cutting some of the sections out completely.

The One justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCafe View Post
    The site could probably generate more traffic(and posters who sign up actually posting) if it were more streamlined. Not that BSG **** where everything is in one thread but make it easier to get to the 3 main parts of the website(phillies, eagles, offtopic). In other words, new people are probably overwhelmed with so many separate sections of the website when you could possibly condense it all to one section and keep the options simple.

It might also help with the server load cutting some of the sections out completely.
    The site pretty much has to have the four major sports separate. We do encourage all talk on that sport in that one forum (for example, college football on the Eagles board). Not sure of any other way to break it down that would make sense.

Other than that, it's General Sports, which may or may not have value, then OT and Politics & Fairy Tales. I like keeping the latter two separate since they're such a polarizing subjects but generally require intelligence to debate (at least the former). OT is more for retard shenaTrayvonns and the occasional decent pop culture or news-of-the-day discussion.

How would you recommend condensing things so that topics weren't cluster****ed?

keeping it unreal MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun's Avatar
    i actually agree with redcafe, if you click on phillies up there you have 5 different options, 4 for everyone else, 7 for PSC extra. You can start by eliminating the blog options which just brings you back to the main page anyway..
    "Seriously why do you even watch baseball? the game is determined off the field by a series of equations that you will never understand."

______________________ RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe is a splendid one to behold RedCafe's Avatar
    Off-topic should just be everything, IMO. So how do you separate the clutter? Easy...Everything that is a megathread(music, game of thrones, etc) gets a section cutoff at the top. Just a suggestion but maybe bring everything down in size to fit more on the screen but not at a level where people are squinting of course. And as far as your slow server responses...You might have to trash the internal search feature and go with "custom google search" which should put a lot less stress on the servers. People would get over it in the long run.

If you're cool with it, I'll PM you some suggestions later and show you a few things that hopefully make sense and save you some money.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
    i actually agree with redcafe, if you click on phillies up there you have 5 different options, 4 for everyone else, 7 for PSC extra. You can start by eliminating the blog options which just brings you back to the main page anyway..
    I think there needs to be some structure or we'll start getting complaints that things are too difficult to find, whatever. No one will ever be 100% satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCafe View Post
    Off-topic should just be everything, IMO. So how do you separate the clutter? Easy...Everything that is a megathread(music, game of thrones, etc) gets a section cutoff at the top. Just a suggestion but maybe bring everything down in size to fit more on the screen but not at a level where people are squinting of course. And as far as your slow server responses...You might have to trash the internal search feature and go with "custom google search" which should put a lot less stress on the servers. People would get over it in the long run.

If you're cool with it, I'll PM you some suggestions later and show you a few things that hopefully make sense and save you some money.
    Thanks man, always willing to hear ways to make improvements and/or save money. Hit me up.

i donated $25 a couple weeks back and things have gone downhill real fast since then.

They call me Black Cloud 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute
    I just got a "Forbidden" page recently.

Senior Member Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 01civicman View Post
    I just got a "Forbidden" page recently.
    It was a 23 second ban.
    Rob Neyer - Just finished Bill James' new book about famous crimes. It might be his best work.

Me - @robneyer What was Jack the Rippers WAR?

Goodbye CVN-65

They call me Black Cloud 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute
    damn

+ Reply to Thread