+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LOL Giants

I bet you 500 vBookie bucks that the Eagles finish above the Giants in the standings this year.

The Giants stink, too. This gives the Eagles a left leg up on the race for 3rd.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

LOL at the notion that the Redskins will finish in second place

I wouldn't be so sure about that, KrukNut.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

They've made some additions, and they obviously have better coaching, but they are trying to institute the 3-4 without all of the necessary parts, and their OL and receiving corp isn't really going to help McNabb at all. Their RB situation could turn out well, but they have way too much age at that position to have confidence in them. They may very well finish in second, but I don't think it's a given that they are better than Philly or NY for that matter at this point.

They have holes, but the Giants and Eagles do, too. They got a plug in OL with their first round pick. I'm not saying they're a great team by any stretch, but teams with a shitty OL, a questionable defense, and a first year starting QB aren't exactly SB contenders.

I never said the Eagles were SB contenders, just that they are better than the Giants, which is a far cry from SB contender. But I do think that you will be surprised how non-shitty our OL actually is this year.

They probably are better than the Giants, because their terrible defense isn't as terrible as the Giants defense.

Agreed. Wtf happend to the Giants D? They were solid a few years ago and have dropped off so much since spags left.

The eagles defense isn't good, but the offense has a chance to be very good, the eagles can be in every game, so its hard to write them off before the season.
    lol ruben amaro jr

If our D can generate enough pass rush, it could cover up the holes in our secondary enough to give our O a chance to win a lot of games.

A few injuries last year. Pierce aged quickly and looked it when he played. I think Strahan being gone had more of an effect than Spags, he was a great DE and made everyone else better, plus they had Tuck playing more on the interior on passing downs and last year he couldn't get around the end as well against tackles where he dominated guards with Strahan on the outside next to him. They need a healthy Ross, which isn't a guarantee at all because he's literally always hurt so I'm not counting on much from him. I mean I think they can get by on the line with better game planning, but their LB's stink bad. Not good to have bad LB's in that division with the TE's that start in the NFCE.

+ Reply to Thread