+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: GDT 9/24 - Phils @ Mets - (Insert Comment Here)

No ****ing ****.

They have 98 wins, but their 0-7 stretch is the best they can play.

End the internet.

It's Gonna Get Funner... Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I'll ask the question then.

What happens if they get swept in the first round? Game 1--at home, Doc throws 8 strong, giving up 4 hits and 2 runs, both on a two-run HR to Prince Fielder in the 6th. He strikes out 10. Zack Greinke mesmerizes the Phils bats, and the Phils lose 2-1. Game 2--Cliff Lee is very sharp, but Yovani Gallardo is better, Phils waste a CG from Lee in a 1-0 loss. Game 3--in Milwaukee. Shawn Marcum leaves the game down 3-2 as the Phils face elimination, but the 8th inning proves costly as the bullpen blows the lead for Hamels and they get swept out, losing 4-3.

What happens then? Because you KNOW this board goes ****ing apeshit, and whatever vitriol *I'm* tossing around starts looking like tiddlywinks. Not saying it WILL happen, but asking--what if it does? How will this team be viewed in the grand scheme?

continued success! PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic has a reputation beyond repute PhilaPhanatic's Avatar
    If it does the team will be viewed as a failure. I think everybody gets that. It hasn't ****ing happened though. Jesus.
    Eagles 101

This was the Phillies announcing to the world that they have as much respect for the Mets as Tiger had for his wedding vows.

It's Gonna Get Funner... Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilaPhanatic View Post
    If it does the team will be viewed as a failure. I think everybody gets that. It hasn't ****ing happened though. Jesus.
    But it's wrong to express concern when the team is putting the finishing touches on its longest losing streak in 11 years?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    So I'll ask the question then.

What happens if they get swept in the first round? Game 1--at home, Doc throws 8 strong, giving up 4 hits and 2 runs, both on a two-run HR to Prince Fielder in the 6th. He strikes out 10. Zack Greinke mesmerizes the Phils bats, and the Phils lose 2-1. Game 2--Cliff Lee is very sharp, but Yovani Gallardo is better, Phils waste a CG from Lee in a 1-0 loss. Game 3--in Milwaukee. Shawn Marcum leaves the game down 3-2 as the Phils face elimination, but the 8th inning proves costly as the bullpen blows the lead for Hamels and they get swept out, losing 4-3.

What happens then? Because you KNOW this board goes ****ing apeshit, and whatever vitriol *I'm* tossing around starts looking like tiddlywinks. Not saying it WILL happen, but asking--what if it does? How will this team be viewed in the grand scheme?
    If they get swept in the first round it will be the biggest collapse in sports history IMO.

But that is just as likely as the Diamondbacks sweeping their way to a parade. In other words, it isn't happening.
    Philly = mecca of sports.

I say correct things. Whether or not you want to face reality is up to you.

AmaroFan: Great poster or greatest poster?

PSC's official insider

Edmond Dantes with another dumb post.

[email protected] collapse in sports history.

The Phillies if they get owned in the first round will be the first really good regular season team to not do much in the playoffs IN THE HISTORY OF ORGANIZED SPORTS.

Quick someone make another post with the year 1964 in it.

If the Phillies end the season losing 16 straight games as a team that was absolutely cruising as the best team in baseball wouldn't qualify? It would rank #1 for me.

PSC's official insider

Oh your rankings.

Well that changes things.

I'm just stating my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine. It's all subjective anyway. There is no such thing is a factual biggest choke job.

PSC's official insider

Just thinking out loud but when was the last time the team with the best regular season record in baseball won the World Series?

I think Charlie Manuel should schedule a fishing trip next saturday to go crappie fishing instead of bothering to show up for a playoff series.

+ Reply to Thread