+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: GDT 9/25 - Phils @ Mets

Spring Is Coming... shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing has a reputation beyond repute shortswing's Avatar
    Score some ****ing runs today please!

RIP DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ's Avatar
    win

Interesting that Pence and Vic have been flipped. Not good for Howard though.

It's Gonna Get Funner... Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon has a reputation beyond repute Tiburon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ek'd View Post
    rollins
    utley
    pence
    howard
    vic
    ibanez
    polanco
    ruiz
    doc
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Interesting that Pence and Vic have been flipped. Not good for Howard though.
    It costs Howard some "protection," but it also accomplishes something that has needed to be done for a long time--it LOOGYproofs the lineup. Can't drop an LHP in there to take care of Utley-Howard-Ibanez without having someone who can rake LHP in the middle. I like it. Utley hasn't been a 3-hole hitter most of this season, so let's see how he can do in the #2 hole.

Now let's win this ****.

Who knows if Charlie even uses that lineup in the playoffs. Right now he might just be trying to shake things up.
    Philly = mecca of sports.

I say correct things. Whether or not you want to face reality is up to you.

AmaroFan: Great poster or greatest poster?

PSC's official insider

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    It costs Howard some "protection," but it also accomplishes something that has needed to be done for a long time--it LOOGYproofs the lineup. Can't drop an LHP in there to take care of Utley-Howard-Ibanez without having someone who can rake LHP in the middle. I like it. Utley hasn't been a 3-hole hitter most of this season, so let's see how he can do in the #2 hole.

Now let's win this ****.
    I agree in general but I'd bat Vic 3rd and hit Pence 5th. That accomplishes the same goal because Vic is a better RH hitter than LH. I'm worried that Vic at 5 is going to continue to try to hit homeruns and get under the ball. But we'll see.

Truckin->Other One ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd's Avatar
    they aren't going to see a lot of lefties in the playoffs anyway. other than atlanta's bullpen, you have joe saunders and randy wolf basically
    "one more day, i find myself alive"-Jerry Garcia

This lineup kind of defeats the purpose of the trade. Protecting Howard? Vic doesnt do that.

Well this is our playoff line up and game 1 starter so lets hope this puts an end to this losing streak.

Truckin->Other One ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorephillyfan View Post
    This lineup kind of defeats the purpose of the trade. Protecting Howard? Vic doesnt do that.
    defeats the purpose of the trade? the player is ten times better than what they were putting out there. that's the purpose of the trade. the protection thing i don't believe in
    "one more day, i find myself alive"-Jerry Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by ek'd View Post
    defeats the purpose of the trade? the player is ten times better than what they were putting out there. that's the purpose of the trade. the protection thing i don't believe in
    I mean from a batting order standpoint. I believe in the Protection thing, just look at Howards #'s with Pence behind him.

Strangely Optimistic #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66 has a reputation beyond repute #66's Avatar
    The Phils could out-score the Eagles today.

+ Reply to Thread