+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: NLDS - GDT Phils at Cards (Game 3) Hamels vs Garcia

Dammit ek

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Musial View Post
    If the Phillies stick with their starting lineup, this is their history against Garcia.

Jimmy Rollins 1 for 11 with a .091 average and a .182 ops
    Chase Utley 0 for 6
    Hunter Pence 3 for 15 with a .200 average but a .800 OPS
    Ryan Howard 2 for 12 with a .167 average and a .583 OPS
    Raul Ibanez 1 for 3 with a .333 average and a .667 OPS
    Shane Victorino 2 for 9 with a .222 average and .522 ops
    Placido Polonco 2 for 11 with a .182 average and 503 OPS
    Carlos Ruiz 0 for 3

That's a combined 11 for 68 or a .161 average

Manuel may want to sub out Ibanez with Mayberry who is 3 for 6 with a 1.167 OPS against Garcia. If he does it raises the combined average to .183, still an advantage for the good guys.

Also Garcia has a home ERA of 2.55.

I'm betting cards win tomorrow, Phils win behind a dominant Oswalt Wednesday who has just been dealing lately.

Leading to a dream matchup of a fully rested Carpenter versus his best friend in the game Doc Halladay in a do or die game 5. I'm guessing I won't be getting much work done this week.
    Good work. Paltry numbers and like you said, Mayberry should start, but it doesn't alter the past numbers much. Anyone not on their phone have the Cards probable lineup against Hamels?

So apparently according to Cards fans, the Phillies will not be using the extra time between the next start to figure out why they aren't hitting Garcia like the rest of the league seems to be able to.

And the "Phillie Killer" (gag) will have no trouble stepping into his first post season game against one of the most experienced postseason clubs in baseball.

Fine, I hope Garcia underestimates the Phillies as much as their fans seem to be.

Truckin->Other One ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd's Avatar
    probably would be one similar to what they had against lee
    "one more day, i find myself alive"-Jerry Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by hoodlum View Post
    Good work. Paltry numbers and like you said, Mayberry should start, but it doesn't alter the past numbers much. Anyone not on their phone have the Cards probable lineup against Hamels?
    I would guess

Furcal
    Schu
    AP
    Berk
    Craig
    Freese
    Yadi
    Jay

I meant career numbers against Hamels

Senior Member Chase The Base is a jewel in the rough Chase The Base is a jewel in the rough Chase The Base is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
    So apparently according to Cards fans, the Phillies will not be using the extra time between the next start to figure out why they aren't hitting Garcia like the rest of the league seems to be able to.

And the "Phillie Killer" (gag) will have no trouble stepping into his first post season game against one of the most experienced postseason clubs in baseball.

Fine, I hope Garcia underestimates the Phillies as much as their fans seem to be.
    Post season experience means absolutely nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ek'd View Post
    you got ek'd bitch

Gimme' head 'til I'm Dead Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad has a reputation beyond repute Cuad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuad View Post
    This bridge will be alot more crowded should the Phillies lose game 3.

The Phillies led baseball with wins against LHP. Gotta hit this Garcia sooner or later.
    Philly = mecca of sports.

I say correct things. Whether or not you want to face reality is up to you.

AmaroFan: Great poster or greatest poster?

PSC's official insider

Quote Originally Posted by hoodlum View Post
    Probably the same as you saw last night, unless Holliday can go, then Craig will sit.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    John Jay destroyed us last night, not a big fan of him

+ Reply to Thread