+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Paterno has Passed Away

Joe Paterno has Passed Away

Starting to seem like Joe's days are numbered. From what I've read, it sounds like the lung cancer has gotten worse. Right now he appears to be back in the hospital and his extended family has been summoned to be with him.

Sad news.

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep. Sad.

My friend at Mount Nittany said he's on a ventilator and they're just waiting for the family to all be there...Apparently.

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He probably won't make it through the weekend. I actually would prefer - and wouldn't be surprised - if it is tonight. It's a blessing for it to happen sooner than later.

Yea definitely seems like this is going to happen overnight let alone sometime this weekend/early next week.

Just curious psub, did you ever get to meet JoePa?
    Charlie Manuel on the brief injury delay involving Carlos Ruiz in the bottom of the 8th. "He got hit in the crystals. Better him than me."

RIP DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ's Avatar
    Very sad. Sounds like death is imminent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan2426 View Post
    Yea definitely seems like this is going to happen overnight let alone sometime this weekend/early next week.

Just curious psub, did you ever get to meet JoePa?
    Yea. Spoke with him several times when I worked with the football team and the Big Ten Network and also when I was in the Center for Sports Journalism.

RIP very soon, JVP.

would he have retired this offseason?
    lol ruben amaro jr

His contract was up at the end of this season, was it not? But ya, I think he would have been done at the end of this season whether it was his choice or the program saying they weren't going to renew his contract.
    Charlie Manuel on the brief injury delay involving Carlos Ruiz in the bottom of the 8th. "He got hit in the crystals. Better him than me."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bridge_to_lidge View Post
    Absolutely. That was half the reason for the Meyer stuff, as it was set up that way, especially since Meyer always refused to be the "reason for pushing Joe out." Not getting into that in the least bit right now, though. It's unimportant and a moot point.

Driving home from work and kinda hope it happens anytime now. Going to a concert tonight and just try to forget about it and it'll be better for him and his family once he's gone - all factors included.

Quote Originally Posted by bridge_to_lidge View Post
    I remember reading somewhere (I forget where though) that Joe Paterno informed the university prior to beginning of this past football season that this was indeed his last year.

Kinda of odd as this all comes out, but for whatever reason late last night I was going through the Penn State SI with JoePa on the cover from a few years ago

RIP Joe

+ Reply to Thread