+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rosenthal Article on Hamels

Rosenthal Article on Hamels

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/p...tension-013012

I understand,” Amaro said. “But one, he’s not on the market yet. He’s still our player.

“Just like I tell most guys, if it’s about making the last dollar, I don’t know if it can end up working out. But if it ends up being a situation where he feels he’s treated fairly and the player will accept that, we can make it work.”

Whoa, didn’t Howard get the last dollar? His average salary of $25 million is higher than those of Albert Pujols ($24 million) and Prince Fielder ($23.8 million), both of whom recently signed whopping new free-agent deals.
    This quote doesn't make sense considering the contracts they gave Lee and Howard.

“He was probably the most productive player during that span of anybody, including Pujols. This is not a slight against Cole — he has had some phenomenal years. But he is not the most decorated player in baseball.”

“He was probably the most productive player during that span of anybody, including Pujols. This is not a slight against Cole — he has had some phenomenal years. But he is not the most decorated player in baseball.”
    Umm? Howard got his extension in 2010 right? Not 2007?
    Last edited by Borderstack; 01-31-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Stumbling Toward 75 Wins gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster has a reputation beyond repute gulfcoaster's Avatar
    He's on the block, I'm sure.

Trade him, Rube.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -- Thomas Jefferson

lol @ most decorated player in baseball

rolling on the river lifer is a jewel in the rough lifer is a jewel in the rough lifer is a jewel in the rough lifer is a jewel in the rough lifer's Avatar
    betting $25 million per - on a multi-year extension - based upon the improvements in performance and attitude - shown in one whole year

now that would take brass balls

imho

Senior Member Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629's Avatar
    I'm going to be sick.

They call me Black Cloud 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute
    Question...Lincecum just signed a 2 year for 21 mil/per...I would think that is where Hamels will be, actually a little under.

A couple of Cy Youngs, also a World Series ring. Doesn't the bar start at Lincecum and go down?

These types of articles, along with Crow's updates on how the Yankees are going to ramp up efforts to sign him in the offseason just gives me this oh so shitty feeling that Phils are not going to re-sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by 01civicman View Post
    Question...Lincecum just signed a 2 year for 21 mil/per...I would think that is where Hamels will be, actually a little under.

A couple of Cy Youngs, also a World Series ring. Doesn't the bar start at Lincecum and go down?
    No because that was in arbitration where Lincecum wasn't going to get any higher because of the arbitration process. It starts at Lee and goes down.

They call me Black Cloud 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
    No because that was in arbitration where Lincecum wasn't going to get any higher because of the arbitration process. It starts at Lee and goes down.
    Both years were arbitration?

RIP DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ has a reputation beyond repute DOUGESQ's Avatar
    I bet they resign him.

You would, mtdougnutshot

Quote Originally Posted by 01civicman View Post
    Both years were arbitration?
    Yes, the only bought out the last 2 years of arbitration. No free agency years.

+ Reply to Thread