+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Draft Thread

Zach Brown is a softer Ernie Sims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 01civicman View Post
    I'm retarded, I just noticed it.

Jeff McLane ‏ @Jeff_McLane
    Again, may mean nothing, but Luke Kuechly said during BC's Pro Day, per @GregABedard, that #Eagles LB coach Mike Caldwell gave him "a call last week to let me know he was coming up."

Liking this.

Is kuechly better inside or outside?

Senior Member Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629's Avatar
    The more I hear about Mark Barron, the more I like. Due to go late 1st/early 2nd, and I'm not thrilled about Nate Allen still being the most experienced safety on the team, but Barron seems like he'll be a damn good player. The FA safety pool outside of Yeremiah Bell is pretty dry by now, so why not I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodlum View Post
    Is kuechly better inside or outside?
    Good question and I don't think I've seen this question addressed anywhere. All I can say is that Kuechly has the size and athleticism to play OLB and that's the position he played his freshman year at BC, where he finished the season with 158 tackles (12.15 tackles/game), which placed him second in the nation in tackles. When Herzlich came back to BC after dealing with his health issues, Kuechly moved back to MLB and finished with 183 tackles (14.08 tackles/game) and 191 tackles (15.92 tackles/game) his sophomore and junior seasons, respectively. I would assume the increase in production was due to being moved to the middle and additionally spending another couple years in college aka getting better as a football player, getting more comfortable with BC's defensive scheme, etc.

So it's tough to say that he is definitely better in the middle or the outside, but I think his production in college certainly shows that he can play either position pretty damn well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan629 View Post
    The more I hear about Mark Barron, the more I like. Due to go late 1st/early 2nd, and I'm not thrilled about Nate Allen still being the most experienced safety on the team, but Barron seems like he'll be a damn good player. The FA safety pool outside of Yeremiah Bell is pretty dry by now, so why not I guess.
    I agree, I think Barron is going to be a good player in the NFL but taking him with the Eagles 1st rounder would be a rather big reach. Like you said, Barron could be off the board late in the 1st round or, at the latest, early in the 2nd round. The Eagles are picking twice in the 2nd round but both picks are in the middle of the round, so if they really want Barron, then they'll have to trade up. Personally, I don't see the Eagles doing that when you take into consideration that the Eagles have selected a safety two years in a row in the 2nd round.

They'll probably sign a veteran safety to come in as a short term answer while the team continues to work with Jarrett and Allen.

Browns are looking to trade down from #4, Eagles could trade up and get Blackmon. They have the draft picks to do it. Plus i'm sure Heckert would like to deal with the Eagles just out of familiarity.

Why would they give up so much for a receiver when they already have so nuch committed to maclin and jackson?

Or just sit tight and take Floyd.

I think they really need a WR. Jackson will miss time and can be taken out of games. Maclin is solid but not a gamebreaker. Avant is fine in the slot, although i think a bit overrated. Cooper flashes but he's not a future starter. And i'll pass on Plaxico

Agreed. I think that there are other players that could be drafted at that spot that can have more of an impact though

Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    Agreed. I think that there are other players that could be drafted at that spot that can have more of an impact though
    This. Need more immediate help elsewhere.

I've Got Hard Nips rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89's Avatar
    I'd like a WR or TE. I would really like them to drop back. Maybe the Niners or Cleveland or Pats think Tannehill could be the future they move up to fifteen given he lasts past Miami.
    If your not mad at this sentence. Than they're is something wrong with you.

Senior Member Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629's Avatar
    Well Niners & Pats got Kaepernick and Mallett pretty early last year, I don't think they'd go that early for a QB again.

+ Reply to Thread