+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: nfl draft 2013

Senior Member Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629's Avatar
    Wonder what round he'll go in. I'd be okay with that, probably would help the special teams a lot.

Call me crazy but I would trade Shady. Here is why:

I think we as fans and especially the Eagles front office needs to be honest with themselves about this team. They are not competing next year and maybe even the year after that. It's that simple. I don't want the team to be in the mind-set of "we're only a couple players away". They seriously need a lot of help. And I don't know what Shady gets you playing on a bad team. You're still a bad team + a great RB.

I would like the Eagles to take a page out of the Jimmy Johnson playbook and recreate the Herschel Walker trade. I don't know if someone is that stupid to make that trade again. But let's call it Herschel Walker trade light. Get someone's #1 and load up one some later picks.

The o-line needs to be rebuilt. That alone should make them think to load up on picks and restart.
    The secondary is shockingly bad. Aso is getting old. And our safeties are terrible.
    Add to the list of players that need to be traded is one of our WR. I would prefer to trade Maclin. Desean and Maclin are too similar. Small WR who need space to be good. See if you can get a 3 or 4 for Maclin on draft day. Go get yourself a big WR.
    You need a pass rusher DE. Curry is still unknown and Cole isn't getting any younger.
    We need help at LB. Ryans is ok and Kendricks looks like he will turn out to be a player. You still need at least one more LB.
    And we still don't know if we will need a QB.

To recap:
    2-3 OL
    1 WR
    1 QB (maybe)
    1 CB
    1-2 S
    1 LB
    1-2 DE

And these are just starting players that they need.

Take Joekel with your top 5 pick. You need an anchor OT. Take Eric Reid FS from LSU with the later 1st round you get for Shady. Big WR, LB, pass rusher or continue to build up the O-line with that early second rounder. So and so forth.

In terms of trade partners, look at the teams in the middle of the pack. That's where my boy Reid is going probably. Dallas is sitting dead-last in rush offense and currently has the 17th pick in the draft. And you could probably talk Jerry Jones into trading a haul for Shady. He likes shinny objects. And he probably thinks his team is a player or two away. How ironic would that be to try and recreate the Walker trade with Dallas?
    Originally posted by betty:
    of the teenagers on the board, i think dbfp is the smartest, with Beans a close second.
    Originally posted by kellygrun:
    dbfp might be the best overall poster on the board at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpt View Post
    I had an insatiable taste for dick in my mouth.

I've Got Hard Nips rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89's Avatar
    this schtick is starting to develop liver spots
    If your not mad at this sentence. Than they're is something wrong with you.

Bryce Brown and Dion Lewis = Great RB combo.

Terrible pun mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    jones may be stupid but does he realize what the walker trade was?

Minnesota Vikings received
    RB Herschel Walker
    Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)
    San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)
    Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)
    Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

Dallas Cowboys received
    LB Jesse Solomon
    LB David Howard
    CB Issiac Holt
    RB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)
    DE Alex Stewart
    Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) (traded this pick along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft Emmitt Smith)
    Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander Wright)
    Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)
    Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (12) (Alvin Harper)
    Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Dixon Edwards)
    Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren Woodson)
    Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)
    Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)[1]
    Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    MT you don't post as much anymore but when you do it's clear you are the absolute worst
    Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    it's posts like that that really make me hate MT
    Quote Originally Posted by mpt View Post
    Classic MT

Belmont is a retard but trading McCoy is a good idea. He's under contract for a while and he's still young and his trade value will never be higher. Plus he may be susceptible to further concussions. Trade any assets you have for the future.

Senior Member Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629's Avatar
    Dion Lewis sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SwingOnThis View Post
    Belmont is a retard but trading McCoy is a good idea. He's under contract for a while and he's still young and his trade value will never be higher. Plus he may be susceptible to further concussions. Trade any assets you have for the future.
    Which means his trade value is probably lower now. Forget the fact that it's unlikely a team will trade high picks for a RB, they sure aren't trading them for a guy that just had a massive concussion where 12 days after being hit, he still can't get out of the Stage One of concussion recovery.

I think trading Shady would be idiotic because I feel you won't get any real value for him (relative to his value to you if he plays).
    "I'm too good at this, I bring too much to the discussion for you to feel the need to dismiss it with this drum beat." - Belmont Shore

Belmont didn't post that about trading Shady. doraz did. The entire theme of that post was awful. No team is going to give you a 1st and a 3rd for a RB with a concussion let alone a Dallas like Herschel Walker return.
    "I'm too good at this, I bring too much to the discussion for you to feel the need to dismiss it with this drum beat." - Belmont Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan629 View Post
    Dion Lewis sucks
    LOL, of course he does. he's on the eagles. I was being sarcastic.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    hope all of you die who post over there

Hang onto Shady for another year or so to A. increase his value back up to where it normally is (pre-concussion) and B. to make sure you have something in Brown. By no means am I saying Brown could be the next Foster but I see similarities between the two of them with how they were really good in high school and dropped off in college before heading into the NFL. I think Brown will be a solid back but you can't throw all your eggs into one basket with him after a couple decent games when you have one of the top RBs in the league on your roster as well.
    Charlie Manuel on the brief injury delay involving Carlos Ruiz in the bottom of the 8th. "He got hit in the crystals. Better him than me."

+ Reply to Thread