Closed Thread
Page 1 of 168 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Villanova basketball thread

Villanova basketball thread

good news coming from the basketball program each day. Villanova 2011 recruit Tyrone Johnson who recently chose us over Georgetown led team final in AAU at the peach jam tournament to a win over one of the best teams in AAU playaz. Johnson without top prospect of 2011 Mike Gilchrist scored 40 points. Also recent Nova graduate Scottie Reynolds scored 16 points had 3 assists, 2 rebounds and a steal in the Phoenix Suns 2nd summer league game after he sat out the first game with an achilles injury. Go Cats
    Jrollin'

oh no
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't we have one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by psub View Post
    Don't we have one of these?
    if we do i havent seen it...

but to be fair, im decently excited about nova's propsects next season...i think the end of last year left a bitter taste and doubt in many fans minds. truthfully, i still don't know if theres some kind of locker room divide based around fisher

with taylor king gone, hopefully that clears up some of the bad apples. Really looking forward to seeing Yarou/Wayns/Pena/Stokes/Cheek togehter...i think thats a good defensive squad and a traditional offensive set

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This thread is going to be fluffed by myself, MT, Melty, NovaWayns, Hesel and Salv...Pp999 will hate on Villanova as much as possible and Rowen will chime in every now and then so he can rep pp999.
    Last edited by mpt; 07-15-2010 at 04:04 PM.

i agree with that. If yarou can be healthy all season and pena contributes makes another big jump from where he was last year this could be a tough team to deal with. The additions of pinkston and bell will create alot of depth again. Hopefully jay plays the talented sophomores more and stokes gets consistent then they could be dangerous.
    Jrollin'

I just hope people don't get excited if they start out 38-1 when their toughest opponent is Kutztown like last year.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Blog Entries
    Remember when Jason Fraser was ranked not only as the number-one player in the country, but ranked as the number-one player as a center during the same year that Amare Stoudemire came out of high school?

Also a shame about Sumpter. He could have been real good.

Did Cunningham get picked up by any practice squads? Personally, I don't see him doing anything in the NBA, if he even plays.

Scottie Reynolds was recently signed by the Phoenix Suns to participate in their 2010 summer league....I thought he was drafted late second round...

Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    I just hope people don't get excited if they start out 38-1 when their toughest opponent is Kutztown like last year.
    meh they beat dayton and ole miss when they were ranked to begin the season and beat wvu on the road...the team had the talent, they just imploded from within imo

that being said, i do agree that i want them to schedule tougher before the new year. itll help point out their weaknesses earlier and make jay set a freakin rotation. he got caught up in the "depth" late in the year and was giving king/armwood/cheek inexplicable time when they were brutal

Blog Entries
    I really wish Butler won last year. **** Duke.

Dante was act a 2nd round pick of Portland last year...he got some PT. I think he is Aldrige's backup

Quote Originally Posted by psub View Post
    This thread is going to be fluffed by myself, MT, Melty, NovaWayns, Hesel and Salv...Pp999 will hate on Villanova as much as possible and Rowen will chime in every now and then so he can rep pp999.
    Mr V will be here too. Altho he gets mad at me whenever I say something negative about Jay Wright

Closed Thread