+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Penguins

Senior Member Frosty is a jewel in the rough Frosty is a jewel in the rough Frosty is a jewel in the rough Frosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I think it is just a case of being a Flyers fan and not an actual hockey fan. It is easy to hone in on a players deficiencies when watching night in and night out. If you watch other teams play regularly too, you realize that not every first line has a 50 goal scorer at both wings and center.

You'll see that players like hartnell are streaky players and look great for a period and shitty for a period. He's not an elite winger, but he also doesnt get paid like one.

The going rate for the top players. Some not even elite is 8 million AAV plus. Hartnell is 4.7. His AVV is slotted right where it should be.

And I would not be disappointed if he was moved down to the second line or even the third if the Flyers could snag another one of those 8 million dollar type players to play with Giroux. But they dont have one right now, and it is what it is.
    IMO he's not a top line player on other teams but he is here. I would still like to see them get a sniper for the top line. Maybe during the off-season, move him down but keep him on the 1st line PP, he has good chemistry there.

Maybe the expectation is too high for him? Maybe people don't like the contract? Who knows.

I kinda get where SunMo is coming from though, if you hate a player you hate a player...to me Downie can do no right, he could score 7 goals in the next 3 games and I'll still hate him lol
    I like turtles

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've turned on downie. I was one of his biggest supporters, but I dont see any positives right now.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    when you are getting outplayed by adam hall i think its time you sit in the press box

Assuming the NHL will grow into a product capable of paying third line players nearly 5 million dollars is moronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by 01civicman View Post
    I'm retarded, I just noticed it.

Senior Member Frosty is a jewel in the rough Frosty is a jewel in the rough Frosty is a jewel in the rough Frosty's Avatar
    Maybe he's still loopy from the concussion? He played well when he first got here but ever since that concussion he's looked like the "old" Downie...dumb offensive zone penalties, temper and just being a loose cannon.
    I like turtles

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Bel big toe View Post
    when you are getting outplayed by adam hall i think its time you sit in the press box
    I'd much rather see Raflecopter move up in the lineup and move Downie down...or just ban him from the stadium...whatever is easier.
    I like turtles

Quote Originally Posted by SunMo View Post
    i have a fantastic understanding of the sport flip. i appreciate your concern but the last post in the sixers forum was made in 2009 so I don't have a choice but to hang out here.
    uh, the Sixers forum is pretty lively and we're working on a new banner. You'll be able to embarrass yourself soon enough there too.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by no_doubles_defense View Post
    Assuming the NHL will grow into a product capable of paying third line players nearly 5 million dollars is moronic.
    The cap is already going to surpass what it was at the end of the last CBA next season. So unless top players are going to be making 15 million a year, then you .... once again.... will be wrong. But you're used to that.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    downie was on the first line in CO, wonder wth happened to him

has he had a chance to play with Giroux and Jake?

Lol.

Yea, the NHL will never reach that summit. But keep going down that road and wishing it will happen because you and your bros goof it up in your rec league.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by no_doubles_defense View Post
    Lol.

Yea, the NHL will never reach that summit. But keep going down that road and wishing it will happen because you and your bros goof it up in your rec league.
    Yeah, I wish for player salaries and tickets prices to increase. lol.

Go change your drool bib retard.

sounds like the passages are closing in on you

+ Reply to Thread