+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do You have Direct TV?

Do You have Direct TV?

Here's my deal. I saw the team doing pretty well and improving so I looked into Direct TV and Sunday Ticket which I once had for quite some time until I dropped it a couple years ago. Direct TV wants me to agree to a two year contract which is something they never had before, a contract and if I cancel before the contract's out I get penalized 20 bucks a month for the duration of the remaining contract.

I already have cable, the internet with wifi, and the phone all with the same cable company at a discount price. If I just cancel one of the three, my monthly cost goes up almost a hundred bucks. Direct TV does not offer internet service in my area.

The minimum purchase for Direct TV is about 65 bucks a month plus free Sunday Ticket for this year.

I'm looking forward to the day when these NFL games are on a one game, one purchase deal without having to purchase the Sunday Ticket which is well over 300 bucks for the season. Why do you need the whole schedule anyway because you can't watch every game at the same time. Just order the game you want to see and get your credit card charged for it on a weekly basis. I think this is eventually coming but I don't know when.

By the way, are you paying to watch the Eagles play on tv up there now?

I wouldn't be surprised if you are.

Do You have Direct TV?

Directv shouldnt be that much, unless you have like 5 hdtvs with dvr boxes. If you get AT&T internet you can bundle with directv for a 15 dollar a month savings. I pay about $90 a month for TV and internet, and I don't have a landline because I have a cellphone

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have DTV for sunday ticket only. My bill is 55 a month.

Will drop them at the end of the season and eat cost of the contract.

I think this might be the last year DTV has in contract with the NFL, so hopefully the other content providers can get a piece.

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think this might be the last year DTV has in contract with the NFL, so hopefully the other content providers can get a piece.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    what's going on here? PR where the hell do you live

Do You have Direct TV?

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post

Directv owns the rights for next year, then the contract is up

Senior Member jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ has a reputation beyond repute jmuCJ's Avatar
    Not sure the NFL will ever go to a pay-per-view on a per-game basis model. It wouldn't make sense. Philly Rabbit, get the redzone channel if you can...that's a good start.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    Although douchey Scott Hansen does a great job on RZ

lucky bastard, although Im loving this weather for Nov

Truckin->Other One ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd has a reputation beyond repute ek'd's Avatar
    used to get it. now just red zone it on sundays basically. but that was because the eagles have been terrible recently
    "one more day, i find myself alive"-Jerry Garcia

+ Reply to Thread