+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official College Football Thread

Senior Member Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bandit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderstack View Post
    Blake Barnett is probably going to flip to Oregon.

Big loss.
    Possible future Eagles #1 pick, depending on versatility.
    Chip Kelly Kool-Aid drinker

Blake Barnett is probably going to flip to Oregon.

Big loss.
    He's still schedule to come in for that big camp at ND later this month. It will be interesting to see if he shows. If he does, I suspect he'll stick with ND. If he doesn't.......... well he's a goner.

That is obviously if doesn't flip before the camp. One of the Rivals.com guys spoke with him last night and he said he just wanted to check out Oregon and that he'll consider Oregon moving forward but that he's not ready to decommit. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    "I'm too good at this, I bring too much to the discussion for you to feel the need to dismiss it with this drum beat." - Belmont Shore

Hope so, I think the kid is going to be really good.
    You can go eff yourself brother. I've worked my ass off in my life. In the office and outside moving dirt and stone. Literally **** yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
    He's still schedule to come in for that big camp at ND later this month. It will be interesting to see if he shows. If he does, I suspect he'll stick with ND. If he doesn't.......... well he's a goner.

That is obviously if doesn't flip before the camp. One of the Rivals.com guys spoke with him last night and he said he just wanted to check out Oregon and that he'll consider Oregon moving forward but that he's not ready to decommit. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Sounds like it's only a matter of time before he flips. Oregon was his favorite school growing up and the recent visit to Eugene exceeded his expectations. He said in an interview yesterday that he is going to go home and talk things over with his parents before making any decisions.

And awful's boy Wiltfong switched his CB pick to Oregon yesterday, along with a bunch of other people, including my main man Sean Fitz from Lions247: http://247sports.com/PlayerInstituti...ertPredictions

Well that was quick. He decommited and is basically not considering ND anymore.

LOL. Recruiting must make coaches crazy.
    "I'm too good at this, I bring too much to the discussion for you to feel the need to dismiss it with this drum beat." - Belmont Shore

Wow. I wonder what happened for him to completely eliminate Notre Dame? I doubt Kelly would pull his scholarship as a result of Barnett wanting to look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesel View Post
    Wow. I wonder what happened for him to completely eliminate Notre Dame? I doubt Kelly would pull his scholarship as a result of Barnett wanting to look around.
    Rumor is Oregon's depth chart at QB got him to switch. They basically told him he has a real chance to start in 2015 after Mariotta bolts to the NFL. He also apparently was an Oregon fan.

Recruiting is a weird game nowadays. Verbal commitments are useless.

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Official 2014 College Football Thread

I heard he was being stalked by some creepy ND fan who was also a huge Cowboys and Phillies fan and it turned him off from the school for fear of his own safety. Weird.

Don't know but ND fans on 24/7 are going apeshit because the Oregon reporter on 24/7 has been trying to steer Barnett to look at Oregon for a while and apparently has been in his ear negatively about ND and I guess someone posted there that the ND coaches were aware of it and tried to quelch it. I just think he liked Oregon, and he sort of reminds me of Mariotta tbh. Don't know what happeneded as of 05/22 he was all in, and had no interest anywhere else.

Brian Kelly specifically told him when he wanted to commit that he needed to be 1000% sure because they had interest in other quarterbacks like Brady White and would not recruit if Barnett commited. I actually think Kelly probably did tell him that if he decommited then he would move on. His face was probably turning purple too.
    Last edited by Borderstack; 06-05-2014 at 01:50 AM.
    You can go eff yourself brother. I've worked my ass off in my life. In the office and outside moving dirt and stone. Literally **** yourself.

The big winner in the Barnett flip is obviously Penn St

Don't know but ND fans on 24/7 are going apeshit because the Oregon reporter on 24/7 has been trying to steer Barnett to look at Oregon for a while and apparently has been in his ear negatively about ND and I guess someone posted there that the ND coaches were aware of it and tried to quelch it. I just think he liked Oregon, and he sort of reminds me of Mariotta tbh. Don't know what happeneded as of 05/22 he was all in, and had no interest anywhere else.

Brian Kelly specifically told him when he wanted to commit that he needed to be 1000% sure because they had interest in other quarterbacks like Brady White and would not recruit if Barnett commited. I actually think Kelly probably did tell him that if he decommited then he would move on. His face was probably turning purple too.
    Oregon began to sweet talk him again after their top target at QB chose A&M. Suddenly, Barnett was smitten again with UO.

You are correct about the ND 247 site being in complete meltdown mode right now. The fact that they (the delusional portion of the ND fan base) are blaming Justin Hopkins for Barnett's decommitment is pretty absurd. What's great is that the ND board mod, Tom Loy, openly defended Hopkins, which resulted in him getting blasted as well and now people are canceling their 247 memberships. lol.

Anyways, Loy specified three QBs who will most likely be targeted now by the ND coaching staff: Travis Waller (who's very good IMO), Deondre Francois and Lamar Jackson. Can't really go wrong with any of those three but they all represent a step down from Barnett.

+ Reply to Thread