+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 963 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast

Thread: Philapha Shore's Expert Baseball Tips/Analysis Thread

you'll be seeing a lot of them.

Actually, yeah. I do. They're all "development" guys. They aren't the "defensive" coach. I'm sorry if you're ignorant of these matters, I'm not. Those gentlemen were hired to hand hold and teach positions. For example, Foster coaches the big men, spends a lot of time with Nerlens Noel.

Brett Brown is teaching the defensive scheme. Michael Curry is acknowledged as either THE best or no worse than 2nd best defensive assistant. He'll have a job next year. I recognize he wanted his own staff, a fresh start, but when there's a talent there, especially one still on the payroll, it seems a good idea to avail yourself of that talent.
    I'm not playing your silly reindeer games.

So, go figure it out for yourself. You'll see none of them are the defensive guru. And if you read early in the season, Brown said he's teaching the Spurs defensive scheme, but had to make it vanilla because of the inexperience. Curry never worried about inexperience coming off Jordan/DiLeo.

And, yeah, I know what each of them does. It's been written and talked about.

Again, troll, NONE of them has the defensive bonafides that Michael Curry has. Not even Brett Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by snoop88 View Post
    Actually, yeah. I do. They're all "development" guys. They aren't the "defensive" coach. I'm sorry if you're ignorant of these matters, I'm not. Those gentlemen were hired to hand hold and teach positions. For example, Foster coaches the big men, spends a lot of time with Nerlens Noel.

Brett Brown is teaching the defensive scheme. Michael Curry is acknowledged as either THE best or no worse than 2nd best defensive assistant. He'll have a job next year. I recognize he wanted his own staff, a fresh start, but when there's a talent there, especially one still on the payroll, it seems a good idea to avail yourself of that talent.
    I'm not playing your silly reindeer games.

So, go figure it out for yourself. You'll see none of them are the defensive guru. And if you read early in the season, Brown said he's teaching the Spurs defensive scheme, but had to make it vanilla because of the inexperience. Curry never worried about inexperience coming off Jordan/DiLeo.

And, yeah, I know what each of them does. It's been written and talked about.

Again, troll, NONE of them has the defensive bonafides that Michael Curry has. Not even Brett Brown.
    I do wished they would have kept Curry.
    Last edited by PhillyRocks; 03-09-2014 at 11:56 AM.

BIG BOMB.

BIG, BIG BOMB by Cody Asche and man, did he need that and did the Phillies need to see him do that. Huge. Way to go down and get that.

Horst pisses me off, Aumont just makes me angry

For a guy with his size and his stuff, he pitches like a bitch

That 3/4 release is dog ****. It forces a guy that size to aim, because he has to fold his arm to release the ball. The result is him pushing the ball up there.

It does not use his height, the release point is the same as someone 5-10 or 6 ft. There is no angle to his pitch, so it's flat while he's aiming. That means his pitch stays in the hitting plane.

It's awful. Worse, it's stupid. He pitches afraid because of it.

He doesn't listen, Mount.

They've told him to stand tall, including Dallas Green.

He doesn't listen.

It could be that Aumont doesn't trust the staff.

That said, his mechanics are his responsibility. They've tried to change his mechanics 3 times. He won't go from over the top and as long as he's 3/4, it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by AbreuAnonymous View Post
    Horst pisses me off, Aumont just makes me angry

For a guy with his size and his stuff, he pitches like a bitch

That 3/4 release is dog ****. It forces a guy that size to aim, because he has to fold his arm to release the ball. The result is him pushing the ball up there.

It does not use his height, the release point is the same as someone 5-10 or 6 ft. There is no angle to his pitch, so it's flat while he's aiming. That means his pitch stays in the hitting plane.

It's awful. Worse, it's stupid. He pitches afraid because of it.

He doesn't listen, Mount.

They've told him to stand tall, including Dallas Green.

He doesn't listen.

It could be that Aumont doesn't trust the staff.

That said, his mechanics are his responsibility. They've tried to change his mechanics 3 times. He won't go from over the top and as long as he's 3/4, it won't work.
    LOL Randy Johnson had a three-quarters delivery his entire career. Should've listed to Scout Belmont, he would've been better off.

You guys are a bunch of pills.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

I'd like to see Justin do some spring training play by play. Is there a suggestion box here?
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

oh nice I have the option to make my donation recurring

I just read on a board that you pay no attention to that they've closed The Cleveland. That sucks, I remember many a conversation with your Jap friend there that basically led to the start of PSC after stealing the whole idea from Flip.

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    huh?

+ Reply to Thread