+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Innes - CRUSHED Philadelphia and our loser fanbase last night

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The morning show stuff is just pure speculation on my part. I am just trying to connect the dots, because he was a drive time radio host in Houston. They must be paying him more and have given him some sort of carrot on a stick to get him to come to Philly. A slightly smaller media market

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Innes, the son of radio host and voice actor Scott Innes, joined KILT in December 2009 and a year later joined Lord in afternoon drive. That change, combined with the Texans’ improved play, helped launch KILT toward its best ratings of the Arbitron portable people meter era.

From a 2.2 percent audience share in January 2011 in afternoon drive among men 25-54, the key demo for sports radio, KILT improved to 5.3 in October 2011, the second month of a 21-month stretch in the top 10 during which the station climbed as high as No. 4 among all local stations.

That streak ended with the April 2013 book, and the station dropped as low as 21st in afternoon drive in the June rankings before returning to the top 10 in October.

Perhaps reflecting the higher numbers, Innes proved to be a polarizing figure. He focused daily on his personal exploits, travails and health issues, and regularly disagreed with callers and his co-host on the relative merits of local teams and local athletes.

Still, the program proved to be popular with young male listeners and was recognized by Talkers magazine at No. 44 among the nation’s best sports talk shows.
    Just and FYI.

Yeah as I think Civic said there are a bunch of idiots that think Trout is their friend, but he is still the best player in baseball. When the Phillies sucked before more people would go to games to see guys like McGwire, Sosa and Bonds too. But yes, the fact that he's from the area is a selling point since for the longest time the best player from the area was Scott Schoenweis.

But it wasn't even just that all the loser fans wanted to see a guy that was an Eagles fan, the Phillies were pushing it too by having the mayor and **** there on Tuesday. Yes it's sad that they need to focus their marketing around opposing players, but if that's going to help actually get people to go, whatever.

And there were like 10K less people there on Wednesday than there was on Tuesday. I'm sure tonight this guy will say "LOL at Phillies fans they can't even have over 35k people come to see the best player in baseball that's from the area!"

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    \

He isn't going anywhere. The program director for CBS who brought Innes in, is the same guy who brought Stern in to face off against debella way back when. I spoke with this person, so I know the full story. It seems to me, like they may be grooming him to take over the morning show when Angelo decides to retire. This contract may be his last and they are paying him a **** load to not be the top rated morning show (Preston and Steve) in a market which is currently 5th or 6th.
    You know Andy Bloom?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingOnThis View Post
    You know Andy Bloom?
    Not personally.

I sent him an email about a month or so ago, and he was intrigued by my thoughts. It lead into a several email correspondence about the station, and direction they were trying to take.

In this correspondence he told me about the howard days and **** like that.

He's a good guy and is fair about criticism as long as you're not a D Bag about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    \

He isn't going anywhere. The program director for CBS who brought Innes in, is the same guy who brought Stern in to face off against debella way back when. I spoke with this person, so I know the full story. It seems to me, like they may be grooming him to take over the morning show when Angelo decides to retire. This contract may be his last and they are paying him a **** load to not be the top rated morning show (Preston and Steve) in a market which is currently 5th or 6th.
    He might die before that happens...........

What's his health issues? I saw pictures of him from his time at other stations and he looked fairly normal but then I saw some pics of him here in Philly and he looked fat as ****.

I tried listening to him but he kind of sucks. Just like most hosts on radio now. He should do well because he does that polarizing thing well (like Eskin did) but I found he had a lack of overall sports knowledge (then again he may have been saying stupid things because he knew he would get a rise out of people).
    Last edited by TyWebb; 05-15-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    "I'm too good at this, I bring too much to the discussion for you to feel the need to dismiss it with this drum beat." - Belmont Shore

I've literally never heard one second of Josh Innis on the radio but i will go on the WIP web site and see what it's like.

I like the fact that he's not a 'local guy' though.

Innes can get a little irritating but he was on point about Trout.

That **** was ****ing embarrassing.

I am not the biggest Ryan Howard fan(lol) but him being booed on a night where Trout got ****ing standing O's was more proof of what a shitty fanbase Philadelphia is.
    You can go eff yourself brother. I've worked my ass off in my life. In the office and outside moving dirt and stone. Literally **** yourself.

Blog Entries
    Innes went off about wishing he had an 11in penis last night, when someone said they wished Trout was a Phillie. Good times.

Also Innes' girlfriend isn't hot or anything but probably too cute for what an ugly neckbeard he is.
    You can go eff yourself brother. I've worked my ass off in my life. In the office and outside moving dirt and stone. Literally **** yourself.

For the record, PhillyRocks loves him...........
    "I'm too good at this, I bring too much to the discussion for you to feel the need to dismiss it with this drum beat." - Belmont Shore

+ Reply to Thread