+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Innes - CRUSHED Philadelphia and our loser fanbase last night

Not a bad chunk of change for spending 4 hours of your day acting like an egomaniac.
    "I'm too good at this, I bring too much to the discussion for you to feel the need to dismiss it with this drum beat." - Belmont Shore

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think Cataldi makes close to a million or more.

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
    Not a bad chunk of change for spending 4 hours of your day acting like an egomaniac.
    Pretty sure he spends the other 20 hours acting like that too

It stuns the senses Cataldi makes that much. That show is horrible and has been horrible for years.
    "I'm too good at this, I bring too much to the discussion for you to feel the need to dismiss it with this drum beat." - Belmont Shore

If other people agreed with you, he wouldn't make that much. WIP isn't going to pay someone who doesn't benefit them monetarily and ratings-wise.
    Philly = mecca of sports.

I say correct things. Whether or not you want to face reality is up to you.

AmaroFan: Great poster or greatest poster?

PSC's official insider

Senior Member Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629 has a reputation beyond repute Jordan629's Avatar
    Trolls get ratings. Skip Bayless has a career off of it.

GiveMeYourBeans= My Bitch FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP has a reputation beyond repute FLiP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Angelo Cataldi: New WIP contract is his last

Share Tweet
    Reddit Email

Travel Deals

$1824 -- Ecuador: 7-Nt. Trip w/Amazon from Philly, $300 Off

See all travel deals

Weekly Circulars

Everyday Low Prices For Memorial Day
    (Family Dollar)

Save Even More on this Week's Hot Buys!
    (American Signature Furniture)
    See More Circulars
    Michael Klein, Philly.com
    POSTED: MONDAY, JANUARY 11, 2010, 11:00 PM

After months of talks, Angelo Cataldi has reupped with WIP (610), sealing a new four-year deal on Monday.

But he says this will be his last contract at WIP and in radio.

Cataldi posted on his blog Monday night that it was "a brutal four-month ordeal in which I truly believed several times that I was leaving the only station I know. The fact that I signed a week after the new year – and a week after the last contract ran out – shows how close I really came to leaving. ... How close was I to leaving? In mid-November, I put in for my remaining comp time. My last day was going to be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I had every intention of following through on that drop-dead date until the weekend before then, when our parent company, CBS, softened its stance and offered what I considered the framework of a fair deal."

He's been with WIP for about 20 years.

MORE COVERAGE
    PhillyGossip: 6ABC's Malpass announces pregnancy
    The Insider: Beer and wine at Whole Foods
    PhillyGossip: Kalas' widow, Phils in dispute over Harry the K's restaurant
    "I’m convinced this will be my last contract at WIP, and in radio," he wrote.

His agent, Steve Mountain, would not disclose the terms. He said the morning man -- whose long-rumored seven-figure salary is believed to be the highest among Philadelphia radio folk -- made out "very well."

Cataldi prides himself on his thriftiness, and is known as a smart investor.

Cataldi's contract talks played out amid general belt-tightening at WIP's parent company CBS.

As I noted in November, media companies are in a bind as revenues fall.

If companies re-sign high-priced talent at a higher price, or even the same price, other personalities can use the point in their own negotiations. Conversely, if Cataldi settled for less, it hurts the bargaining position of the rest of the talent out there.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/t...ecxhziRxbTK.99

Looks like this is the last year on Cataldi's deal.

he's made a nice living off of stealing Stern's schtick and catering to breathers. can't fault him for that.

They call me Black Cloud 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute
    If Cataldi is as cheap as he says, that guy has millions stored up.

He once said he was betting heavily on Keith Jones' horse. That "heavily" turned out to be $100.
    Ricky Jordan on Kyle Kendrick:

But the simple fact of the matter is we would not have made the playoffs in 2007 without him. There is just no way to argue with that.

So his contract was up in January of 2010 and he signed a 4 year deal?

Well, he must have a new one again or an extension then because his "last deal" should have run out January of this year.

is it just me or is there a "cataldi's contract is ending and this time he's serious about retiring!!" story every year or so?

Terrible pun mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    looks like e5's real name is Frank Pratt - here's a review on WIP's fb page:

Frank Pratt

06/19/2014
    Josh Innes is an asshole, making disrespectful remarks about cleft lips & cleft palates. I have 14 years on him, & 23 surgeries under my belt across 41 years for a double cleft lip & palate. He wants to poke fun at us with split lips, I'll split his for him with a punch in the mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    MT you don't post as much anymore but when you do it's clear you are the absolute worst
    Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    it's posts like that that really make me hate MT
    Quote Originally Posted by mpt View Post
    Classic MT

+ Reply to Thread