+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: super bowl xlix ne sea

you have to be a special kind of ****** to root for a boston team. seriously, i like Brady, but I can't root for the patriots as a team. they ruined the one possibility in my lifetime for the Eagles to win a superbowl. they've won so many titles in the past 15 years, while Philadelphia has managed to win just one title in the past 30+ years. i'm not going to be upset if they win, and i really don't "root" for teams that aren't the eagles, but I will certainly be rooting for NE to lose. same thing goes for the lakers, yankees, blue jays, blackhawks and any other team that won a title over a philly team. **** them all.

that might qualify me for breatherdom, so be it

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    you have to be a special kind of *worshipper of the man meat* to root for a boston team. seriously, i like Brady, but I can't root for the patriots as a team. they ruined the one possibility in my lifetime for the Eagles to win a superbowl. they've won so many titles in the past 15 years, while Philadelphia has managed to win just one title in the past 30+ years. i'm not going to be upset if they win, and i really don't "root" for teams that aren't the eagles, but I will certainly be rooting for NE to lose. same thing goes for the lakers, yankees, blue jays, blackhawks and any other team that won a title over a philly team. **** them all.
    Then I will happily and admittedly be worshipping some veiny sausage this upcoming Sunday. I can live with that. The article KG posted was spot on. Jealousy getting in the way of liking and respecting generational players/coaches/organizations.

And KG - I've said it before, but it's Title Town. They have what, seven championships since 2001? What's one more on top of that? It's not like hoping to keep any and all sports happiness out of cities like Pittsburgh. No one really has any room to talk **** on Boston either way, win or lose. I'll never actively root for the Bruins and Celtics, and very rarely ever root for the Red Sox, but I will join CT and DMC and root on the Patriots.

yeah, like i said, i respect brady and bellicheat (LOLZ), they are among the greatest to ever play/coach, but I can't root them. that's the point. it's not jealousy either, it's hatred and bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Eaversmells View Post
    most racists are cheering for the Pats
    Go Pats

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yeah, like i said, i respect brady and bellicheat (LOLZ), they are among the greatest to ever play/coach, but I can't root them. that's the point. it's not jealousy either, it's hatred and bitterness.
    Not for you (re: jealousy). I was referring to the people who refuse to recognize them for how great they are, as well as the people who just root against them because it's them. You're rooting against them because it's a Boston (area) team, which I get.

Lols Swing.

Some of the hate for Brady is probably jealousy but I think the hate for Belichick is pretty deserved. The biggest thing I hate about Brady is his complaining to the refs, but that's not a huge deal (although the article kg posted was definitely downplayed it by saying he "occasionally yells at referees who make unfavorable calls")

Blog Entries
    I mean, it's a double standard with everyone. Your own player's QB yells at refs and it's "I love how passionate he is!" Another team's guy does it and it's "Ugh, what a crybaby!" Brady plays the game with passion. Would've liked if McNabb did that more rather than just picking up other team's phones and make absolutely 'hilarious' fake phonecalls mid-game.

you have to be a special kind of ****** to root for a boston team. seriously, i like Brady, but I can't root for the patriots as a team. they ruined the one possibility in my lifetime for the Eagles to win a superbowl. they've won so many titles in the past 15 years, while Philadelphia has managed to win just one title in the past 30+ years. i'm not going to be upset if they win, and i really don't "root" for teams that aren't the eagles, but I will certainly be rooting for NE to lose. same thing goes for the lakers, yankees, blue jays, blackhawks and any other team that won a title over a philly team. **** them all.
    All of this. Except I'm pretty open about my jealousy of all their wins.

Quote Originally Posted by mpt View Post
    Then I will happily and admittedly be worshipping some veiny sausage this upcoming Sunday. I can live with that. The article KG posted was spot on. Jealousy getting in the way of liking and respecting generational players/coaches/organizations.

And KG - I've said it before, but it's Title Town. They have what, seven championships since 2001? What's one more on top of that? It's not like hoping to keep any and all sports happiness out of cities like Pittsburgh. No one really has any room to talk **** on Boston either way, win or lose. I'll never actively root for the Bruins and Celtics, and very rarely ever root for the Red Sox, but I will join CT and DMC and root on the Patriots.
    Yeah, but it's worse than that. Philly and Boston are natural rivals: NYC shoulder cities with historic sites, exceptional universities, and diehard sports fans. Except Boston wound up a wealthier city with broad national appeal. And Philly remains a laughing stock without much to root for.

Quote Originally Posted by AbreuAnonymous View Post
    Some of the hate for Brady is probably jealousy but I think the hate for Belichick is pretty deserved. The biggest thing I hate about Brady is his complaining to the refs, but that's not a huge deal (although the article kg posted was definitely downplayed it by saying he "occasionally yells at referees who make unfavorable calls")
    Belichick is the kinda coach you hate if he isn't your coach...which every franchise in the league wishes he was.

I mean, it's a double standard with everyone. Your own player's QB yells at refs and it's "I love how passionate he is!" Another team's guy does it and it's "Ugh, what a crybaby!" Brady plays the game with passion. Would've liked if McNabb did that more rather than just picking up other team's phones and make absolutely 'hilarious' fake phonecalls mid-game.
    Incredible to think that Brady was drafted a year after McNabb and he's still better than McNabb at his peak.

Actually as a ref I think anyone that yells at refs is a crybaby.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingOnThis View Post
    Go Pats

that might qualify me for breatherdom, so be it
    Eh a little. It'd be worse if you become a broken record about it.

+ Reply to Thread