+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Haha at the Mets

They call me Black Cloud 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdiggler View Post
    amaro hasn't been that good either, maybe not omar bad right now, but he's already made some head scratchers. If ed wade weren't houston's gm i'm not so sure they get oswalt. Wade and the d-backs gm are the games tards right now. with omar closely behind them.
    Just look at what the pitching as cost over the last few years. Aside from Sabathia, nobody has really cost that much. Don't use the "Dumb GM" excuse. Face it, when you trade, there is a high probability you will not get nearly the value in return.

Lee - All three times got mediocre prospects back
    Haren - One solid rotation guy, but then prospects
    Oswalt - Mediocre to bad prospects
    Halladay - 1 solid prospect (Drabek), the rest were either traded or mediocre.

No matter how the bad the Phillies, we can always laugh at the Mets. There's always something goin on with that team.

keeping it unreal MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 01civicman View Post
    Just look at what the pitching as cost over the last few years. Aside from Sabathia, nobody has really cost that much. Don't use the "Dumb GM" excuse. Face it, when you trade, there is a high probability you will not get nearly the value in return.

Lee - All three times got mediocre prospects back
    Haren - One solid rotation guy, but then prospects
    Oswalt - Mediocre to bad prospects and one solid rotation guy
    Halladay - 1 solid prospect (Drabek), the rest were either traded or mediocre.
    fixed.
    "Seriously why do you even watch baseball? the game is determined off the field by a series of equations that you will never understand."

Omar blows and Amaro sucks. Omar is in an awful class by himself but amaro is already giving out questionable contracts.

They call me Black Cloud 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute 01civicman has a reputation beyond repute
    Omar blows and Amaro sucks. Omar is in an awful class by himself but amaro is already giving out questionable contracts.
    Ibanez contract sucks, absolutely, but its done next year. I am not worried about the Howard deal at all. But overall what contracts are questionable?

As of 2012, the Phils will actually only have about 6 or 7 contracts on the payroll.

So hideous for a boy. Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine's Avatar
    Eh, every GM does that. Gillick who is one of the most brilliant men in baseball gave Eaton 3 years. It happens.

With that said, no current contract on this team will hamstring the team in years to come. Perhaps Howard but the extension is a no-brainer IMO.

too long on blanton and blanton made you have to deal lee.
    too long and too early to give howard an extension
    too long on ibanez.

You will have to see what he comes up with in the offseason if the decide to keep werth and what they do with jimmy.
    Omar on the other hand started out small and is now outbidding himself for oliver perez and luis castillo. He was once the gm hot dick years ago. I'm just cautioning that amaro might be headed down that path.

And by the way... ron artest's rap>> Allen Iverson's rap

lol 3 deals. Really? Thats the mark of a terrible GM?

Again:

Ibanez gone next year and he's been raking it for a while now, so its not looking as awful as it was.
    Blanton did NOT cause them to move Lee as you can see by the acquisition of Oswalt. Lee's upcoming auction was the reason they moved Lee.
    Howard's extension was fine, because any later would've just cost him even more.

Werth is gone, everybody in Philly accepted it, thats why they have the kid Dominic Brown up to replace him.
    Rollins might be back, but who knows if he is hurt all next year too, its time to let him go.

So hideous for a boy. Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine's Avatar
    Mets fans are going to cry by the time the Jason Bay contract ends. In fact, they're crying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doll Is Mine View Post
    Mets fans are going to cry by the time the Jason Bay contract ends. In fact, they're crying now.
    For funsies I compared him and Ibanez. I don't think the Mets wanna see who's actually been better.

Quote Originally Posted by 01civicman View Post
    For funsies I compared him and Ibanez. I don't think the Mets wanna see who's actually been better.
    you should compare them by production for dolllar lol that would certainly make me cry if i was a mets fan

Bay, I think, is also signed for 3 more seasons...haha...

+ Reply to Thread