+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Haha at the Mets

My season bet againt a Mets buddy is looking better and better. I had to give him 11 games. After a barrage of texts from him earlier in the year, he has now crawled into a hole and disappeared.

Terrible pun mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    by the way..the winning pitcher for the astros? you guessed it, nelson figueroa.
    Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    MT you don't post as much anymore but when you do it's clear you are the absolute worst
    Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    it's posts like that that really make me hate MT
    Quote Originally Posted by mpt View Post
    Classic MT

Metfan on the mofo board might be the most optimistic poster I've ever seen on a message board.

Terrible pun mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal has a reputation beyond repute mtcal's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nelson Figueroa(notes), who had his start pushed back from Saturday because of migraine-like symptoms, allowed four hits and two runs in five innings. It was his first start this season for the Astros.
    so a career long reliever AAAA pitcher with headaches can shut down the mets for 5 innings
    Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    MT you don't post as much anymore but when you do it's clear you are the absolute worst
    Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    it's posts like that that really make me hate MT
    Quote Originally Posted by mpt View Post
    Classic MT

So hideous for a boy. Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine's Avatar
    I just watched Heath Bell save another game for the Padres so I thought posting this is quite appropriate.

Heath Bell is four years removed from the Mets organization, but time has not done much to damper the distaste he has for his former team.

Bell spent eight years with the Mets organization, mostly in the minors. And the times he was called up to the big-league club weren’t all memorable.

Bell shared some of his Mets memories when talking about Padres teammate Adam Russell, who has been shuttled between San Diego and Triple-A Portland 18 times over the past three seasons.

“For me, it was 11 times in ’06, but only nine of them counted,” Bell told the San Diego Union-Tribune.

“There were a few where I got called up, took batting practice and was told, ‘Oh wait, we’re not activating you.’ Or you get the phone call after you get off the plane and they’re telling you ‘Just wait there.’

“One time, (the Mets) had me take batting practice because they weren’t sure another (late addition) was going to show up, then he showed up and they had me clear out my locker for him before he got there.”

After the 2006 season, the Mets traded Bell to the Padres for outfielder Ben Johnson and reliever Jon Adkins. Bell served as Trevor Hoffman’s setup man in 2007 and 2008 before graduating to a successful closer in 2009. Bell has 56 saves in his one-plus season in the role.

The Mets probably regret that trade, but not Bell who plans to continue his success when the Mets and Padres start a three-game series tonight in San Diego.

“That’s why I have a lot of hostility toward my ex-team,” Bell said.

“I got told things I found out weren’t true. I wasn’t always hearing the whole story.”

Senior Member Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck's Avatar
    He would have been treated better if his name was Belltinez probably.

keeping it unreal MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowhuck View Post
    He would have been treated better if his name was Belltinez probably.
    What's it matter they got K-Rod now haha.
    "Seriously why do you even watch baseball? the game is determined off the field by a series of equations that you will never understand."

Senior Member Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck has a reputation beyond repute Crowhuck's Avatar
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...lighthead.html

David Wright leaves New York Mets 3-2 win over Astros due to queasiness, light-headedness
    BY Andy Martino
    DAILY NEWS DOUCHE NOZZLE

HOUSTON - With a lost season nearing its final month, the Mets' true aims for 2010 have grown modest: remain healthy, and prepare for next year. So the most noteworthy moment in Wednesday night's game between two dead teams appeared to occur when David Wright left the field after singling in the 12th inning.

Ike Davis drove in Jose Reyes with a sacrifice fly in the 14th, and the Mets defeated Houston, 3-2. But they got a scare when their best player had to leave. After the game, Jerry Manuel said the All-Star third baseman was suffering from queasiness and light-headedness.

"Running down to first, I just got real nauseous, real lightheaded, and decided to make a change," Wright said.

Wright was vomiting after he came out of the game and said that he felt "about the same" afterward.

Catcher Josh Thole also said that he felt queasy during the game but it wasn't as bad.

The game was very nearly another complete-game win for R.A. Dickey. One start removed from a one-hitter, the knuckleballer pitched seven scoreless innings, before allowing a run in the eighth, and a game-tying homer to Geoff Blum with one out in the ninth.

"He's been really impressive," Manuel said. "I'm excited when he takes the mound."

With closer Francisco Rodriguez on the disqualified list after injuring his thumb in a fight, the Mets don't have a go-to guy in the bullpen. But Manuel said that was not a factor in leaving Dickey in for the ninth inning and that he didn't consider taking him out.

"It was his game," said Manuel.

Astros starter Brett Myers nearly matched Dickey's excellence, shutting down the Mets until the seventh. That rally came courtesy of an unlikely scoring combination: Ruben Tejada snapped an 0-for-28 slump with a one-out double, and Dickey knocked him in with another double.

The Mets snatched another run due to Angel Pagan's hustle. After Reyes, who went 4-for-6, singled to move Dickey to third, Pagan bounced into an apparent double play, but beat the throw at first. That allowed Dickey to score and make it 2-0.

The Astros moved closer in a shutout-spoiling eighth, scoring one on Angel Sanchez's RBI single to make it 2-1, but Dickey stranded runners on first and third to maintain the lead.

He was nearing another complete game when Blum's homer to right tied the game in the ninth. It was Blum's first home run in 189 at-bats. That sent the game toward its slow conclusion. The Mets wasted a bases-loaded, one-out situation in the 10th, and the game wound on.

They won it without a hit in the 14th. Reyes led off with a walk, took second on on a sacrifice and stole third. Mike Hessman, who came into the game for Wright in the 12th, walked and Carlos Beltran was walked intentionally for the second time to bring up Davis, who lifted a fly to right that put the Mets ahead.

Elmer Dessens (3-1) pitched the 13th for the win. In lieu of a closer, Manny Acosta got three groundouts in the 14th for his first save.

keeping it unreal MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun has a reputation beyond repute MidnightSun's Avatar
    "Seriously why do you even watch baseball? the game is determined off the field by a series of equations that you will never understand."

The Darren O’Day Era is Probably Over
    Posted on April 18, 2009 at 8:19 pm by John Fitzgerald

Rotoworld is reporting that the Mets have designated reliever Darren O’Day for assignment. O’Day – a Rule 5 pick – will be placed on Rule 5 waivers. If he clears waivers, he will be offered back to the Angels.

O’Day’s departure will make room for Nelson Figueroa, who will start in place of Mike Pelfrey in Sunday’s series finale against Milwaukee.

I’m surprised Omar Minaya is so quick to scrap a piece of the bullpen that has been dominant so far this season. In four games with the Mets, O’Day had not allowed an earned run.

Given Pelfrey’s youth and his workload last season, I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t put him on the DL, retroactive to his last start. He’d only end up missing one extra start and the bullpen could remain intact.

Then again, maybe the Mets weren’t high on O’Day in the first place and/or maybe they have a late inning reliever in mind to replace him once Pelfrey gets back.
    The Rangers claimed O'Day from the Mets on waivers and since then O'Day has pitched 120 games over the last 2 seasons for the Rangers and put up a 1.72 ERA and a 0.936 WHIP.

lol hahaha.

Pounding vaj since 2012 Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post

2:44 mark
    "**** robo's family.
    There. I said it." -SwingOnThis

"someday we'll meet, and it will be more awkward than either of us can possibly imagine" -pp999

So hideous for a boy. Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine has a reputation beyond repute Doll Is Mine's Avatar
    A member of the Mets watching Rod Barajas say goodbye to his teammates quipped "Can I go with him?", tweets Andy Martino of the New York Daily News.

+ Reply to Thread