+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: '15 Penn State Football Thread

Bel blamed it all on the white QB. true story.

Really looking forward to going up and watching them struggle to run the ball against Buffalo. Going out on a limb and predicting a 17-10 PSU victory.

rhythmic slapping sounds melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty's Avatar
    that whole bury the tape thing is ****ing amateur hour. dude is a clown.
    Iíve got Nebraska to think about, I canít worry about this.

"..and you canít find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows donít open. I donít know why they donít do that. Itís a real problem. So itís very dangerous."- my nugga, Mitt

I'm sure Shuck and Jive staged the thing to make sure many reporters were there for the stunt. Guy is a fraud.

they love burying things at PSU: game tapes, the truth, b0ners, surrogate grandpas/coaches

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
    Many say OLs aren't recruited but coached. You tend to see lower rated kids develop into top notch OL more than any other position in college it seems. So if I were a PSU fan, I'd wonder why a year into this thing, they can't cobble together at least a competent OL. Not a great one, or even good one, but maybe adequate one. What you saw against Temple was high school level ****.

Who is the OL coach there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief32 View Post
    Very simple reason actually. Their line consists of the following:

C - Mangiro - Highly rated kid coming out of HS who is a bust because he has no athleticism. Has now sucked under 3 different HC's.
    RG - Gaia - Converted defensive lineman. Not a division 1 player as an OL. Lacks athleticism and is horrid in space. Plays like he should be on the DL.
    LG - Mahon - Should end up being a good player down by next year but had no business seeing the field last year. Wasn't physically ready to play D1 football. Like most OLmen, needs at least 3 years in the program to develop
    RT - Nelson - See above to a lesser extent. Our best lineman, but in an ideal world would be in a backup role the last 2 years
    LT - Palmer - JUCO kid who has never played D1 football before. Only weighs 300 lbs (with a 6'8 frame) and technique wise looks like he's never been coached. Has zero business being on a division 1 football field right now. Starting because there is literally nobody else to put in.

Sub - Dowery - See Gaia. Converted DT. Zero athleticism. Literally can't run a play where you have to pull a guard if he is at guard.

That's it. Those are really the only kids even remotely close to playing. The true and redshirt freshmen are years away from a size and strength standpoint.

O'Brien is the one who ****ed this up bad. He actually mocked the previous staff for having 15 OL on scholarship and cut the numbers down to 9. He quickly found out that was a huge mistake but the damage was already done. They are 2 or 3 years away from having a good OL. They've recruited well last year and this year.

It's high school level **** because that's the talent and ability level you are dealing with.
    Yeah, O'Brien is the idiot here.

rhythmic slapping sounds melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty has a reputation beyond repute melty's Avatar
    you would think with the penn state whiteness, OL would be the least of their recruiting issues.

"..and you canít find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows donít open. I donít know why they donít do that. Itís a real problem. So itís very dangerous."- my nugga, Mitt

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingOnThis View Post
    Yeah, O'Brien is the idiot here.

looks like he spends more time on his carlton dance than he did gameplanning the Temple defense, am i correct?

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingOnThis View Post
    Penn State University has a new school logo:

Herb Hand Penn State OL coach

It all started innocently enough with this Tweet on February 3rd:

Herb Hand
    ‏@CoachHand

Quick stop at @PSULionsPride to pick up some swag for my kids followed by lunch at @CanyonPizzaPSU(get the General Tso's slice&thank me L8r)

For those of us who follow Penn State offensive line coach Herb Hand, we know Tweets like that are nothing new. But if there’s one thing downtown State College takes seriously, it’s pizza, and Hand’s Tweet ignited the Penn State Twittersphere like never before.

Now, for the first time, you have a chance to explore the State College pizza scene with Coach Hand at the inaugural Herb Hand Pizza Crawl on Sunday, April 27. It’s $20 to sign-up, and each attendee will receive a limited edition Pizza Crawl t-shirt, a ‘Hope, Courage, Strength’ wristband from Bands4RAINN, and a slice of pizza at all five scheduled stops.

100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Penn State chapter of Uplifting Athletes and Bands4RAINN (led by Kelsey Hirsch).

Current sponsors include: Onward State, Rotelli’s and B94.5

Here’s the schedule:

2:00 p.m. – Signup begins at Rotelli’s with music, pizza, and camaraderie. Mingle with Coach Hand and fellow State College pizza enthusiasts.
    3:00 p.m. - Depart for College Pizza with Coach Hand and the group, where a slice will be waiting for all participants.
    3:15 p.m. – Canyon Pizza
    3:30 p.m. - Bell’s Greek Pizza
    3:45 p.m. – End at Gumby’s

We are currently working to involve the student-athletes from Uplifting Athletes and the Penn State football team while following NCAA compliance rules, so stay tuned for more information on that.

There is a limited number of spots, so be sure to register today.
    Pretty sure Franklin tagged along in a clown suit.

+ Reply to Thread