+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: awfulstack re: Beltre and Beltran

awfulstack re: Beltre and Beltran

HOF? Even without the 3000 hits Beltre IMO is a hall of famer, he's a lock with the 3000 that he'll get. Rick said without the 3000 hits he wouldn't get in. I also say yes on Beltran who was a fantastic postseason hitter and has great numbers. He's borderline I guess, though, and while I think he should get in he probably won't.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Both won multiple gold gloves as well.

I do think they both compiled stats to a degree.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

What does that mean? Like they just have good career stats because they've played for so long?

yeah, they were good for a long time but not great. Like Rafael Palmiero, he was never great but good for a long time. I think Beltre/Beltran were both much better players but still compiled some numbers.

Beltre is a no doubter. 445 bombs, probably gets to 475-480 and a great defensive player. Offensive numbers outside of a ton of homeruns aren't insane but with elite defense...

I think Beltran should be in. He's had some injury issues but he has been a pretty consistent player while healthy for a long time. Has enough breather awards and post season numbers to get in. Plus he would be the 4th? PR player to get in.

He also avoided the cocaine issue unlike Bryce Harper according to buckshot.
    Last edited by Borderstack; 10-07-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    You can go eff yourself brother. I've worked my ass off in my life. In the office and outside moving dirt and stone. Literally **** yourself.

How about Ivan Rodriguez? The only thing that would keep him out in my opinion is the numbers put up in his era. I think he's extremely underrated. Not sure if there was ever a steroid connection with him.

also need opinion on Vlad Guerrero. To me he's an absolute lock.

Pounding vaj since 2012 Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner has a reputation beyond repute Rowengartner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vlad was a beast. I'm surprised his numbers aren't better.
    "**** robo's family.
    There. I said it." -SwingOnThis

"someday we'll meet, and it will be more awkward than either of us can possibly imagine" -pp999

I think everyone mentioned so far, except for Palmeiro maybe buckshot, has a shot to get in. Vlad might be borderline, but since he's remembered pretty fondly, that might eventually push him over.

Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    How about Ivan Rodriguez? The only thing that would keep him out in my opinion is the numbers put up in his era. I think he's extremely underrated. Not sure if there was ever a steroid connection with him.
    Rodriquez was definitely on steroids. The connection is he played for the Rangers.... with Canseco, Palmiero, Juan Gonzalez, Julio Franco, Fernando Tatis. All those spics were using steroids.

is that from @TheRealDonaldTrump?

+ Reply to Thread