+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hextall And Hakstol

Hextall And Hakstol

First post here, so before I begin, let me start by saying hello to all my fellow Flyers fans. Good to be here to join the discussion with you. Looking forward to some great Flyers talk.

OK now that's out of the way, I'd like to start a discussion on GM Ron Hextall and head coach Dave Hakstol. Specifically, about the job they're doing so far. The Flyers scratched their way into the playoffs last year barely getting in and were promptly eliminated in the first round. They appear to be in the same position this year or slightly worse. Hextall has fought cap space problems since he became GM. Despite the fact that the team is bad to mediocre, it always appears the Flyers are at or near the cap limit.

Hextall went on record this week as saying the Flyers have a plan and are sticking to it. Somebody clue me in as to what the plan is because right now this team is garbage to watch.

Coach Hakstol is the man of mystery. His head-scratching moves are often logic-defying. Benching Schenn, Ghost, Konecny, and most recently a healthy Gudas just to name a few. No consistent lines which are always shuffling trying to find the right combo. He appears to play favorites as some other players who have been terrible at times, appear to be totally safe from a benching (Couturier). Is this a case of a college coach who's simply in over his head at the NHL level or is it a case of him not having the right players to fit his "system"?

I'm looking forward to hearing all your thoughts. Enjoy the game today vs. Washington and let's hope we don't get killed lol.

next door neighbor is from DC and screams at the top of his lungs after every minor good or bad thing that happens in a game, cant wait for that today

Wow. That was utterly embarrassing. Just awful. What was most shocking was that the team apparently gave up. After the awful Provorov turnover that ended up in the back of the net, this team stopped trying. In the old days, you can bet after a horrific display like that, you could count on someone being traded and/or fired. Under Hextall, who knows?

I'm guessing he won't mind staying the course. After all, even if they lose every game for the rest of the season, it means they end up with a better draft pick. I'm guessing that's his mentality right now because he hasn't shown that he's actively going to make moves.

Unreal. SMH

Lol Flyers

where are all the homers to tell me what a great position the Flyers are in?

Offense sucks. One star and a bunch of guys. Provy is a future Norris winner, but "Ghost" is a one year wonder. Morin and Sanheim are busts

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    Time to see if he can unload some contracts

Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    Solid name by OP

I heard that retard Homer was scouting the alumni game looking for blueline help and a pure goal scorer.
    Forgive me if watching the 76ers, the Flyers, the Primaries and typing on Twitter that I didn't spell it out until you started acting an ass, but I guess I should have expected your nature to reveal itself.

Quote Originally Posted by John Gulbunney View Post
    Time to see if he can unload some contracts
    Yes, absolutely. Namely MacDonald, Streit, VDV, Del Zotto. I'd also consider trading Couturier and Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by John Gulbunney View Post
    Solid name by OP
    Thank you. Got the idea from Team Canada when they played Giroux on the 4th line and then made him a healthy scratch.

thanks for that background, very interesting story!

+ Reply to Thread