+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dmc

dmc

As we reach opening day, one of the best days of the sporting year, I wanted to take a moment to remember two members who have passed on.

Jack McDonough, also know as Robo passed away July 4th 2009. He was the man leading the opening day countdown thread every year until his passing. He was a very passionate fan, particularly of the Phillies. I always remember that thread as helping to get through the doldrums of winter as we pushed forward towards spring. He is greatly missed.

Jeff Lamana. What can be said about this man that hasn't been said already. Jeff passed away on April 1st 2006, 11 years ago this past Saturday, at the all too young age of 32 after his battle with cancer. The founder of our board and a great man. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff on several occasions as I was, at one time, a moderator of these boards. Jeff cared so much about Philadelphia sports and cared just as much about the people he met through his love of sports. Every opening day is difficult as it coincides with the anniversary of his passing, however I know that Jeff was celebrating our championship in 2008 and is getting ready for another season today. Miss you man.

If you have anyone else you'd like to recognize please make sure that you leave a note in this thread.

It's always great to go back to those threads from 2006 and 2009 and see all the old names of posters who are no longer posting. We did some amazing things back then (Philaphans day at FDR Park and Phillies games, the T-Shirt Debacle on Flyersphans, the charitable donations for both Jeff and Robo). It's a good time to reminisce for those of us that have been here for a long time.

Let's have a great season folks, and let's remember all those who are celebrating from the best seats in the house.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Nice, Buff.

I did remember Jeff in an April 1st thread, here.

...but it was nice to add Robo since, as you said, he began the countdowns to opening day.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    As we reach opening day, one of the best days of the sporting year, I wanted to take a moment to remember two members who have passed on.

Jack McDonough, also know as Robo passed away July 4th 2009. He was the man leading the opening day countdown thread every year until his passing. He was a very passionate fan, particularly of the Phillies. I always remember that thread as helping to get through the doldrums of winter as we pushed forward towards spring. He is greatly missed.

Jeff Lamana. What can be said about this man that hasn't been said already. Jeff passed away on April 1st 2006, 11 years ago this past Saturday, at the all too young age of 32 after his battle with cancer. The founder of our board and a great man. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff on several occasions as I was, at one time, a moderator of these boards. Jeff cared so much about Philadelphia sports and cared just as much about the people he met through his love of sports. Every opening day is difficult as it coincides with the anniversary of his passing, however I know that Jeff was celebrating our championship in 2008 and is getting ready for another season today. Miss you man.

If you have anyone else you'd like to recognize please make sure that you leave a note in this thread.

It's always great to go back to those threads from 2006 and 2009 and see all the old names of posters who are no longer posting. We did some amazing things back then (Philaphans day at FDR Park and Phillies games, the T-Shirt Debacle on Flyersphans, the charitable donations for both Jeff and Robo). It's a good time to reminisce for those of us that have been here for a long time.

Let's have a great season folks, and let's remember all those who are celebrating from the best seats in the house.

lol

I hope when Swing is dead someone says something nice about him in the group text.

Ah so I guess instead of the giant check robo gets a memorial message board post

where are the obituaries and nice words for those of us who "died" in 2009?

Nice, Buff.

I did remember Jeff in an April 1st thread, here.

...but it was nice to add Robo since, as you said, he began the countdowns to opening day.
    The entirey of the April 1st thread is:

Thread Title: It's been 11 years.

quite a tribute to Jeffzilla.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by e-five View Post
    The entirey of the April 1st thread is:

Thread Title: It's been 11 years.

quite a tribute to Jeffzilla.

Jeff was a dick but no one wants to say it.

Also i wouldn't exactly call it a 'battle' with cancer, more like a blowout.

+ Reply to Thread