+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Jeanmar Gomez

Jeanmar Gomez

I feel like I've started this thread before, but does anyone know why this clown is the closer? I mean he's a borderline major leaguer that I'm not even sure is worth a roster spot. His stuff is absolute garbage. I can't for the life of me understand why he's closing games. I know it doesn't matter much because the team is awful, it just doesn't make any sense. He's never going to have any value in a trade so you aren't increasing that. He's never going to be an 8th/9th inning guy so you can't develop him. I'm just looking for one reason, that's all.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

i don't know what you're talking about, he's on pace for a 162 save season

The only reason i can think of is that the manager is a straight breather and values his past closer experience.

He was fortunate in a bunch of games last year (like yesterday) and had a good save pct. before he hit the wall in August. Mackanin is starting him out in the same role this year, but based on his comments it's obvious he won't be afraid to demote him. There are at least three better options to close on the team right now. Neris or Benoit will be the closer by June 1 if not sooner.

What's Phillippe Aumont up to these days

If you don't think he's good enough to be a closer then you don't make him the closer. It makes me think Mackanin is a ****ing retard.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

he won't finish the season as the closer, he's going to let him continue in that role until he ****s up, then Neris will get his chance

Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    If you don't think he's good enough to be a closer then you don't make him the closer. It makes me think Mackanin is a ****ing retard.
    Exactly. Most baseball managers are dumb as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    he won't finish the season as the closer, he's going to let him continue in that role until he ****s up, then Neris will get his chance
    why wait??

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    did Ryan Howard find a job?

+ Reply to Thread