+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Jeanmar Gomez

Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    why wait??
    wants to show his players he'll be loyal to them, not like they're winning a world series this year anyway

that's the dumbest thing you've ever said, KN
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

that can't be true, i've said a lot dumber ****

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    yeah like "I do"

Quote Originally Posted by John Gulbunney View Post
    did Ryan Howard find a job?
    yeah he's playing king kong in a new tv show on BET
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Quote Originally Posted by KrukNut View Post
    wants to show his players he'll be loyal to them, not like they're winning a world series this year anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by philapha
    I disagree with Gomez being the closer, but I do understand what Mackanin could be doing. Gomez can pitch himself out of the closer's role by deed, but he could also return to being effective, which I doubt. That's a better fate for Gomez than having Mackanin strip Gomez of the job since I'm pretty sure Gomez is a popular player among the other players. Pete gets the respect of the room by treating Gomez "with respect" and that makes players want to play for a manager.

I know there are some who will dismiss this, but it is important in baseball culture. I don't expect Gomez to finish the season as the closer.
    oh, man. you and belmont are on the same page. walk to the nearest window at work and jump out of it.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute

nothing endears a coach to his players like allowing a guy to cost them games because loyalty.

bel can be right sometimes, this is one of those cases

and to be clear, i think its ****ing retarded that mackanin is doing that, but that's really the only explanation for keeping him in that role over Neris

he's not making assumptions that Gomez is an extremely popular player in the clubhouse or that everyone else is happy to have a guy that doesn't deserve a job be given it for no reason at all.

+ Reply to Thread