+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Galvis is a joke

neither do I

Agree that this team has no top end talent except maybe Alfaro. Crawford is going to flame out. He's just a larger version of Steve Jeltz. Franco is Pedro Feliz with more pop. Joseph is Boog Powell with less pop. All the other AAA players Marcus Hayes claims are pressing the Phillies 25 man roster are bench players at best, except Alfaro and maybe Valentin. Alfaro is going to be a legit catcher, along the lines of a non-steroidal Pudge Rodriguez.

You have this faulty thinking where you think you have to trash or ignore a prospect to promote the ones that fit into what you like to promote. How about if all the prospects having success are looked to as possible answers to problems and let them fall where they may.

Right now, Cody Asche is further along in his development and Franco has yet to show that he can actually put the bat on the ball, consistently. Franco is in Lakewood and there isn't much difference between their BA to OBPs. Both have around 40BBs with similar ABs.

I don't deny Franco, just because Asche is doing well. It's going to take Franco 4-5 years to reach the Bigs. He could possibly be back in Lakewood in 2013 and he just turned 20. Asche could be in the bigs by mid-season, 2013.

I mean, you're trumpeting a guy in the Sally League, we're talking about a kid who's much, much closer to hopefully helping the big club.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Another nice story.

[Lakewood BlueClaws ‏@blueclaws

Kelly Dugan is 3-3 to raise his average to exactly .300 - would be first BlueClaw to hit .300 (min 300 PAs) since Quintin Berry in '07.]
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All the folks that twang worships are the ones who were wrong about the Phillies' system to begin with, they are the same ones we're supposed to listen to now on who is and who isn't a legit prospect or who's the top.

It's all rather silly. I don't need Keith Law or these other idiots to tell me who is and isn't a prospect. Someone like twang is totally reliant on the opinions of others. The number of times these people have been wrong is off the charts.

By the very nature of the thing, many more prospects will fail or be extra men, rather than be upper level players. So, it really doesn't take too much in the way of acumen to piss on all but the bluest of blue chippers or extol a high OBP as the end all be all.

All the folks that twang worships are the ones who were wrong about the Phillies' system to begin with, they are the same ones we're supposed to listen to now on who is and who isn't a legit prospect or who's the top.

It's all rather silly. I don't need Keith Law or these other idiots to tell me who is and isn't a prospect. Someone like twang is totally reliant on the opinions of others. The number of times these people have been wrong is off the charts.

By the very nature of the thing, many more prospects will fail or be extra men, rather than be upper level players. So, it really doesn't take too much in the way of acumen to piss on all but the bluest of blue chippers or extol a high OBP as the end all be all.

Four different levels of this system have proved that they are not as depleted as those folks said it was. They were actually profoundly wrong. It was helped by a few late trades, but without those, the system showed well. They were wrong, Mount. Just acknowledge it. I love the attempt to use narrow metrics to maintain a position.

Your obsession with Keith Law is unnatural and scary. He's a boob.

Cody Asche: BA .350/.381/.550/.931 2nd on the team in total bases. Leads the team with 4 doubles. He has no errors.

Yeah, nothing positive.

Your obsession with Keith Law is unnatural and scary. He's a boob.

Cody Asche: BA .350/.381/.550/.931 2nd on the team in total bases. Leads the team with 4 doubles. He has no errors.

Yeah, nothing positive.

Keith doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground and as I said, since when does Law ever concentrate on defense? So, when a Phillies' fan asks about Asche, he ignores the .350/.930, the 4 doubles and talks about being shaky at 3B? I call ********.

No one has overly complained about Asche's defense at AA or AAA, he's not Rolen, but he's not Wigginton.

So, again, I object to "not positive" when there are clearly positives.

Law doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, but some dipshit from Sweden who never saw Asche play and forecasted him as a cornerstone piece clearly knows.

+ Reply to Thread