+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Howard tearing up the international league

Quote Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
    Yeah the damn political correctness around here is so annoying.
    lol

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    lol

lol

I've Got Hard Nips rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89's Avatar
    Stop acting like a snowflake you ****ing [email protected]
    If your not mad at this sentence. Than they're is something wrong with you.

Barry Jive disapproves of this post.

So Howard finished the year with Albuquerque at .192 BA, 3 HRs, 4 2Bs, 8 RBI .442 SLG and 17 Ks in 52 ABs. No call-up yet to Colorado who would have to open a spot on their 40 man roster for Howard.

Anyone still watching the games? They are hitting the crap out of the ball since Hoskins came up. Nick Williams has been a nice surprise in particular. Hererra OPSing 1.074 since the break.

I have been watching since Hoskins came up August 10. I really like their position player roster right now. The starting pitching still sucks. There are some bright spots in the bullpen but its still too early to tell if they'll have some consistency there over a full season. But the position roster is really starting to shape up, with a lot a flexibility regarding players ability to play multiple positions.

There's no question that Joseph will be gone before next season, but I think they're still evaluating whether they want to give up yet on Franco. He plays very good defense at third as does Crawford in the few games he's played there. But keeping Franco as the back-up 3B and playing him at 1B when there is a lefty starting for the opposition allows Hoskins to play left and either Hererra or Williams to sit against a lefty starter. Kingery will probably start next season in Triple A, allowing them to postpone a final decision on the disposition of Franco until May-June. But I can see a scenerio where they ultimately keep Galvis(S), Hernandez(S), Crawford(L), Franco(R), Kingery(R) and Hoskins(R) as their infield and Altherr(R), Williams(L), Odubell(L), along with some switchhitting backup centerfielder as their outfield and Knapp/Alfaro as the catchers. That kind of position versatility will allow great mixing and matching depending up the opposing pitcher.

You can't give up on Franco yet. Galvis blows. Hernandez is serviceable. As much as I hate Herrera, he's a pretty good player. What Hoskins is doing is nothing short of amazing. I still don't see Williams as anything but garbage, but he's been good so far.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Franco's on the verge of losing his starting job to Galvis, essentially. He's going the way of Joseph if he doesn't snap out of it next year.

Joseph was never a prospect
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

+ Reply to Thread