+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Man the Hamels trade looks pretty bad

Man the Hamels trade looks pretty bad

Ace in his prime on a team friendly deal nets

Matt Harrison, released
    Alec Asher, ERA of 9, injured, suspended for PEDs, now with Orioles
    Jake Thompson, no chance to ever be a decent ML pitcher
    Jerad Eickhoff, bottom of the rotation starter, looks like Sandy Koufax when compared to the other **** pitchers they got in the deal

Nick Williams, strikeout machine at AAA, doesn't look like anything close to a ML player

Jorge Alfaro, only thing decent they got back. Doesn't really like to walk that much, but has some power. Hits his share of HR, but his BA/OBP aren't great and aside from the HR isn't a great XBH guy. Has a good shot to be a good ML catcher but certainly no all star.

You absolutely have to get more back than they did.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

at the time everybody thought it was a decent haul, just goes to show that prospects are worth nothing, especially when you clearly aren't great at scouting talent

I didn't like it at the time.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

KN I stopped at Quick Chek before work on Sunday and some chinese family was having car problems. I drove the husband around looking for a repair shop that was open and couldn't find one. Then drove the whole family to a train station that was closed, then drove them like 40 minutes to a different train station so they could get a train to Penn Station then to Rochester where they live. When I was dropping them off the guy handed me the keys to his car. They didn't speak very good english. I guess it's my job now to have the car towed and fixed but I don't feel like doing it.

i think he was just giving you the car, did he give you a number to call him?

and that's a hell of a good deed, i hope you felt great about yourself knowing you were helping minorities while Rick is going to jail for heroin

yeah he gave me a number to call. I actually called Rick to give me a ride back to my car which he just did. His skank gf came with him for god knows what reason, and she was sitting with her gross bare feet on the dashboard of their rental car. One of the multiple tattoos on her feet is one of a camel on her big toe. I've never been to delco, but I'd imagine that's pretty popular there.

and they had a little kid with them that reminded me of my niece. She was scared, like she just saw godzilla or something so I had to help and show these immigrants how great white people are.

Quote Originally Posted by pp999 View Post
    KN I stopped at Quick Chek before work on Sunday and some chinese family was having car problems. I drove the husband around looking for a repair shop that was open and couldn't find one.
    For future reference--Sears Auto Center. Until they go out of business for good at least.

How the hell can you fit a picture of a camel on a toe?

It's on there, and it's not even like she has toes like BelmontSpook's wife

didn't they have a pretty solid deal with the Astros worked out but then Hamels vetoed it?

+ Reply to Thread