+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worst Phils team ever?

Worst Phils team ever?

Could be this year. The worst I have seen were 1961 and 1972. Those years at least they had a few players who would be key to winning teams, this group is a total loss.
    You are probably the biggest contributor to the depressingness

KrukNut on 1960.

yeah they might be. the sad thing is that the farm system looks like a bust right now.

the future is bleak. very bleak

The worst teams I've seen before were 1969, 1972 and 2015. At least with the 1969 team you watch Richie Allen when he showed up sober and on time, and in 1972 you could watch Carlton go out and win every 4th day. In 2015 you could watch Howard, Utley and Ruiz and either bitch about the Phillies hanging on to them too long or sit and pretend it was 2007-2011 all over again. With this years team there is nothing to watch and get excited about. It is absolutely boring, depressing baseball. This team will need at least 10 years to build a division winner.

It might be the worst team I've ever seen. There was a late 90's/early 2000's Tiger team that lost around 120 games, but I don't know how they were worse than this garbage. The sad part is that there is no hope for improvement because they don't have any pitchers close to major league ready and the young pitchers that are already here have really low ceilings. It's going to be bad for a while.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

And I don't want to hear that Harper or Machado or Trout are coming here. There is no way anyone is going to sign with this team for a while.
    Copyright 2011 ADK Innovations, LLC dba Philly Sports Central ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

The most depressing aspect is that there isn't a single starting pitcher in the major or in the minors that projects to be anything beyond a #3 starter. So essentially they're hopeless.

There's just such a lack of development over the past few years with these players and lack of talent evaluation. Players aren't developing like you see with other organizations. I have to imagine we target SP in the draft in the next few weeks, although mocks have them taking college position players in the 1st.

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute

King Breather John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute John Gulbunney has a reputation beyond repute
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by SwingOnThis View Post

+ Reply to Thread