+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who should/will be the next coach?

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Fox is a dirty coach and mediocre at best, IMO. Maybe he was good back in the day, but he's useless now.

I've Got Hard Nips rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psub View Post
    Are you serious? Patterson to DE? DEs need speed and the ability to get around guys, not just run them over. Patterson is a huge tub of lard these days. It's a completely different position.
    Not in a 3-4. Typical 3-4 ends are smaller pass rushing tackles. They don't need to get to the quarter back they just need to be a body that occupies a blocker thus allowing the linebackers, i.e. the 4-3 ends we have now, to chase the ball. Patterson might not have been a good example but you get the point

The One justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin has a reputation beyond repute justin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salv24 View Post
    its too early to tell but if they hit on bradford, i kinda like Spagnuolo.Good defensive guy, young, seems like he has the Rams on the right track
    If they hit on Bradford (and I think they did), Spags isn't going anywhere for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by rncd89 View Post
    Move Laws and Patterson to DE. Bunk stays In the Middle. Cole, Graham, Tapp, and Barnes rotate outside. Relegate Sims to coverage and have stew be the middle. All The D linemen have to do in a 3-4 is take up blockers so the linebackers can use their athleticism to get to the QB, runner, ball. Granted there's some coverage skill's that need to be learned but using mostly zone blitz's can take care of that.
    Not in a 3-4. Typical 3-4 ends are smaller pass rushing tackles. They don't need to get to the quarter back they just need to be a body that occupies a blocker thus allowing the linebackers, i.e. the 4-3 ends we have now, to chase the ball. Patterson might not have been a good example but you get the point
    What in the ****ing hell are you talking about?

3-4 ends are big, tall, and rangy. Think 6'6", 300+ lb Richard Seymour. They are not in any ****ing way "small pass rushing tackles". LOL. Come on man. If you have no idea what you're talking about, just read, don't post.

Bunkley is nowhere near the right type to play 5-technique end. Same with Laws. They would get swallowed on the perimeter.

Holy ****, is this meltyrocks in disguise?

Patterson is a fat load but stil isn't near stout enough to hold the point at nose tackle. The sumbitch gets thrown onto his back now, yet you think he can man up in the middle of a 3-4? Homosaywhat?

And LOL at thinking a guy like Bunk could or should slip out into the flat for coverage. Come on.

Now, I'll give you that Cole would be a beast off the edge in the 3-4, and Graham could be the next Dumerville out there, but that's about it.

Pro-Tebow. God Bless. mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt has a reputation beyond repute mpt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What Justin said.

Sorry, rncd, but almost everything you said is absolutely ridiculous. As I said, Patterson at DE would be atrocious, no matter what system you're running. Same with moving Laws...Lol...Let him prove himself at DE before you move a slow, fat guy to DE (which wouldn't work anyway). Those last two posts might be worse than "calculus is making kids fat."

And again, **** John Fox. He was pretty good a long time ago.

I've Got Hard Nips rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89 has a reputation beyond repute rncd89's Avatar
    I'm just saying. If I were a linebacker in a 3-4 I would like my line in front of me to be big fat dudes that eat up blockers. Allowing me not to get get blocked by the blockers being eaten up by the big fat dudes. I could then run over or around whatever tight end/back was trying to block and effectively murder ball carrier.

And for the record by smaller DT I didn't mean height I meant in the waist.

Blog Entries
    I'm just saying. If I were a linebacker in a 3-4 I would like my line in front of me to be big fat dudes that eat up blockers. Allowing me not to get get blocked by the blockers being eaten up by the big fat dudes. I could then run over or around whatever tight end/back was trying to block and effectively murder ball carrier.
    OK, so that might (it wouldn't, but to humor your theory here) stop the run.

And for the other 50% of the plays each game with the pass, what happens then? Are you going to be blitzing every single down and allowing your defense to gain 500 yards a game through the air?

Quote Originally Posted by psub View Post
    OK, so that might (it wouldn't, but to humor your theory here) stop the run.

And for the other 50% of the plays each game with the pass, what happens then? Are you going to be blitzing every single down and allowing your defense to gain 500 yards a game through the air?
    Every play has to be some kind of blitz. Not in the typical send 4 lineman and a blitzer. You send 3 down lineman and a linebacker. Except you have four spots that extra rusher is coming from. 3 other guys drop off into zone or man coverage. 2 safeties deep and the corners on the receivers.

And as for big rangy ends, Luis Castillo one of the best 3-4 ends 6-3 290 not all that tall. The Steelers, a pretty good 3-4 team, have 2 ends listed at 6'3 305 Ziggy Hood and Nick Eason, Former DT the other two are the Justin rangy type. Cullen Jenkins of the Packers one of the guys who allows Clay Matthews to kill people 6'2" 305.
    Last edited by rncd89; 10-05-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Can someone please find that collage of 1,000 or however many facepalms so I can show my feelings for moving Patterson and Laws to DE and not worrying about covering the pass please? Thank you.

I don't get who isn't covering the pass? Where did I say we don't need corners and safeties?

Blog Entries
    You're talking about having your big, fat, slow DEs eating up the line so you can run around them. What about when you have linebackers sitting back? Is your defensive line just going to give the QB 25 seconds to throw each time.

It really doesn't matter. Putting Laws or Patterson at DE in ANY defensive formation pretty much disqualifies any further argument regarding the situation to hold any water. You can't put the Pillsbury Doughboy at a position that thrives on having guys that are tall, leaner and fast like Julius Peppers playing there.

Thrives by having guys like Julius Peppers in a 4-3 Justin Tuck 4-3 Mario Williams 4-3 Jared Allen 4-3.

When a pass rush is needed then rotate the ends. No one said those players have to play every down although they'll play most of em. 3-4 defenses get their success from disguising what the defense is actually doing.
    Last edited by rncd89; 10-05-2010 at 06:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread